Jambands.ca

Sweet bus!

rubberdinghy

Beauty. Looks just like the ones they use here in Victoria for the busiest roots (except I notice the Ottawa one is sadly lacking a bike rack on the front).

Cool to hear that you'll be behind the wheel, rubberdinghy. Whenever I find myself on one of those buses, I love sitting in the front row of the upper deck. Such a great way to see the city unfold underneath you. Also a good spot to take a few nips from the flask on your way downtown (not that I would ever do that on your route).

How did it handle? How much different was it to drive than a regular bus?

I saw on tv years ago that to get your bus license in London you had to recover a double-decker from a 360 degree spinout.

We didn't have to do that, but they did demonstrate the unbelievable turning radius of it. Basically, a trainer got behind the wheel and did figure eights at high speeds to also demonstrate the fact that the thing won't tip over. Handles much better than a slinky bus.

hahahahahha!!

Actually they purchased these buses early last year and they are rushing the training on them so they can get them on the road...therefore more buses available.

Unfortunately they do not have a special permit from the city yet to allow people on the 2nd level. As soon as they get that they'll be on the road.

They've been sitting on the lot since.

Holy crap, that's a bus!

Since we are on the topic of buses, here is my bus (which looks like an old jalopy by comparison). For someone who doesn't drive buses, it was quite something to drive!

bus_small.jpg

Ha! That looks like the Fat Cats old tour bus. Hopefully your's runs better than there's did!! Oh, and apparently magic crystals are not very effective for fixing engins. ;)

Two bowling teams, one of all Blondes and one of all Brunettes, charter a double-Decker bus for a weekend

trip to Louisiana.

The Brunette team rode on the bottom of the bus, and

the Blonde team rode on the top level. r>

The Brunette team down below really whooped it up,

having a great time, when one of them realized she

hadn't heard anything from the Blondes upstairs. She

decided to go up and investigate.

When the Brunette reached the top, she found all the

Blondes in fear, staring straight ahead at the road,

clutching the seats in front of them with white knuckles.

The brunette asked, 'What the heck's going on up here?

We're having a great time downstairs!'

One of the Blondes looked up at her, swallowed hard

and whispered..

'YEAH, BUT YOU'VE GOT A DRIVER!?!'