Jambands.ca

Notable Hampton Absences

scottieking

Soooo now that we've all had a chance to absorb the weekend that was, I was making note of some noticeable no-shows at Hampton. Interesting considering how much thought was obviously put into the setlists.

NO:

Cavern

Guyute

Golgi

ANY form the Gamehenge suite

Those ones were the big ones that jumped out. Of course there are so many others, the catalogue is huge but interesting these.

ive heard rumours in the past cople of years that Page didnt want to sing songs about fantasylands and Multibeasts anymore as he is getting older...

take it for what its worth... probably nothing... especially cause they played Wilson.

This run makes me very excited for the future of my favourite band.

ive heard rumours in the past cople of years that Page didnt want to sing songs about fantasylands and Multibeasts anymore as he is getting older...

I can't blame him; I have less of a desire to *hear* songs about fantasylands and multibeasts as I get older. I have no problem with never hearing 90% of the GH songs again. They can keep Divided Sky and Possum, but ditch the rest of them!

hi, first post....

I'm really surprised there wasn't a narration- either a Harpua or a Forbin/mockingbird type of thing to close the shows out. I'm kind of out of the loop though, maybe they didn't do those post hiatus...? I haven't been into phish since around the hiatus, but the reunion brought me back.

Some other common songs that weren't played-

poor heart

ya mar

curtain

lizards(and anything else from gamehendge)

Llama

makisupa

sparkle

weigh

GTBT

Some rarer songs that I really wanted to hear:

carini

mound

timber

the wedge

strange design

mango song

You have to hand it to them though, they did all the big jamming vehicles... I can't think of any they missed. That first show is a real dream setlist!