Jambands.ca

Phish Announces More Dates

Basher

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Capacity at Red Rocks is 9000. Phish hasn't played there since 96. EVERYONE wants to be at those shows, just like Hampton, only now, ALL the brokers on the planet know what the resale value is.

Phish will have about 2000 tickets MAX available in the lottery. That is 1000 requests to be filled.

Guys help me with this memory I have of SPAC.

Day two I'm spun out of my head, we're leaving the venue through some back way through the woods. People are everywhere partying in the trees and we come across what looks like a bunch of folks getting high off some natural spring coming out of the ground and the horse cops are trying to shoo everyone away but people just keep ignoring them and freaking out like there on nitrious.

My question is...Did this happen?

Guys help me with this memory I have of SPAC.

Day two I'm spun out of my head, we're leaving the venue through some back way through the woods. People are everywhere partying in the trees and we come across what looks like a bunch of folks getting high off some natural spring coming out of the ground and the horse cops are trying to shoo everyone away but people just keep ignoring them and freaking out like there on nitrious.

My question is...Did this happen?

yes, yes it did.

I couldn't resist it. Still not sure exactly what it was it just gave me a headrush for a little while.

as far as the hotel goes, I honestly don't remember how I heard this, but apparently that Holiday Inn has now become an upscale rental property, catering to the moneyed Saratoga race crowd. It was absolutely perfect though - leave the hotel and then go for a Summer's hike. 30 Min later you pop out of the woods and BANG you're at the entrance of SPAC. Awesome experience, awesome shows, IMO.

The "southern BBQ" was awesome also, for being in upstate NY!

what looks like a bunch of folks getting high off some natural spring coming out of the ground

it's possible, they probably weren't getting high from the spring though.

Before racing began in Saratoga, the areas natural mineral springs had been attracting summertime visitors for many decades. These springs were believed to have healing powers. The Lincoln Baths was one such place people would go to be treated with the waters. The bath house has since been transformed into an office building, but still exists and can be visited to this day. The spa treatments also are being continued in a new bath house in the Spa State Park called the Roosevelt Baths. Springs can be found all over town. Most of the springs are marked by a small covered pavilion with the name of the spring across the top for all to see. Some however are just a spigot in a rock where the water flows out. Many of the springs are famous for their distinct taste. Some taste of regular water and some taste strongly of a certain mineral such as sulfur. Some people even bottle the spring water to take home. The springs give the town character and a history that is very unique.

List of the Springs: Big Red Spring, Charlie Spring, Columbian Springs, Congress Spring, Deer Park Spring, Empire Spring, Geyser Island Spouter, Geyser Spring, Governor Spring, Hathorn #1, Hathorn #3, Hayes Well Spring, High Rock Spring, Old Iron Spring, Old Red Spring, Orenda Spring and Tufa Deposits, Patterson Springs Peerless Spring, Polaris Spring, and State Seal

I think I have a tour shirt that still smells like that open pit rib joint.

I'll give you $50 for it and sell it to bouche for $75.

Speaking of your lost crazytime, were you not with MattyC? I have 2 small regrets from that weekend. Getting as lost as you fucks and not following Mung around.

Everything else was the best.