Basher

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9/14/00 Darien Lake, Darien, NY

Soundcheck: jam > is this love > funk jam > buffalo soundcheck song

I: Punch You In The Eye, Reba, Albuquerque, Carini, Oh Kee Pa > Susie Greenberg*

II: Drowned > Crosseyed & Painless > Dog Faced Boy, Prince Caspian,

Loving Cup

E: Driver, Inlaw Josey Wales, Sample in a Jar

Ugh, that show was my least favourite Phish experience of all time. I was soaked and freezing and the slow, loonnnng quiet meandering mellow jam going on way up on stage wasn't helping much (I was on the lawn). On the other hand, that Summer '97 show at Darien with the Pranksters stands as one of my best Phish shows. The TAB show at Darien (with Fishman on drums) was also a huge stand-out.

Edited by Guest

Darien holds 50,000 people? 50,000 acrobats maybe, balancing on each others' heads.

Although I've only been there once, and that was before I acquired my name-the-room-capacity superpower.

I think he was referring to the capacity of Alpine. Saying that if Alpine sells out, with its much higher capacity, then Darien probably will as well.

Darien holds 50' date='000 people? 50,000 acrobats maybe, balancing on each others' heads.

Although I've only been there once, and that was before I acquired my name-the-room-capacity superpower.[/quote']

I think he was referring to the capacity of Alpine. Saying that if Alpine sells out, with its much higher capacity, then Darien probably will as well.

thanks hart, some people need everything explained ;)

Little torn as to what to do. I'd love to see Phish at Darien, but we may be away at that time (and not willing to sacrifice potential vacation plans for one show)... Here's hopin' i'll be able to get tickets after the fact if I need them I suppose...as i doubt that we'll have our travel plans organized by next thursday.

Darien will sell out, but it should be pretty easy to get lawn tickets for face after the fact. Just a hunch.

I'm with Basher on this hunch. It's a big venue, and although it may sell out, I'm thinking that people will have ordered extras just in case so extra lawn tickets should be available for face at the venue.

On the other hand, that Summer '97 show at Darien with the Pranksters stands as one of my best Phish shows. The TAB show at Darien (with Fishman on drums) was also a huge stand-out.

I'm with KevO on this other hand. I thoroughly enjoyed both the Darien show with the Pranksters and the TAB show with Fishman on drums. I remember wrecking my back before the TAB show on a trampoline (not one of Phish's trampolines, although that would be a better story) but managed to ignore the pain and spent the whole show on my feet dancing and grooving. The next day/week were no fun though ... I definitely had to make a few trips to the chiropractor when I got home.

Peace, Mark