Jambands.ca

U2 - 360 Tour 2009

Kanada Kev

http://www.u2.com/tour/

Sept 16 ... Toronto, Rogers Centre (Skydome)

I'm sure at least one more show will be added.

U2360-Tourlogo-white.gif

The U2 360° Tour

The U2 360° Tour (presented by BlackBerry) will visit 14 cities across Europe including dates in Milan, Gothenburg, Amsterdam, Paris, Nice, Dublin, Chorzow, Berlin, London, Sheffield and Glasgow before finishing at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff on August 22.

The European tour will be followed by dates in North America beginning at Chicago's Soldier Field on September 12th, 2009.

In September and October, U2 360° Tour will also visit: Atlanta, GA; Charlottesville, VA; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Las Vegas, NV; Los Angeles, CA; Norman, OK; Phoenix, AZ; Tampa, FL; Washington, DC and Vancouver, BC. Complete Tour and ticketing information to follow.

Long-time U2 Show Director Willie Williams has worked again with architect Mark Fisher (ZooTV, PopMart, Elevation and Vertigo), to create an innovative360° design which affords an unobstructed view for the audience. U2 360° also marks the first time a band has toured in stadiums with such a unique and original structure.

If you are a U2.Com Subscriber when you log-in to the site, visit this tour page and you will now find your unique presale access code and links to the ticket sites. This enables you to take part in the ticket presale for the U2 360° Tour.

Edited by Guest

I just scored three on the General Admission Floor.

I'm so excited to finally be on GA the floor for U2.

And the tickets before service charges were only $57 for GA, which is a sweet price to see the biggest band on the planet of the past thirty years.

Peace,

Tim

[color:purple]extra for me?

kidding ... good work TimmyB.

Even with a $50 membership fee split between 4 tix it's still a pretty good deal. My CC's are just wayyyyy too hot right now :(

I was on the floor for the last tour and it was a complete blast (I hadn't seen them since the Unforgettable Fire tour in '85!!!!)

[color:purple]extra for me?

kidding ... good work TimmyB.

Even with a $50 membership fee split between 4 tix it's still a pretty good deal. My CC's are just wayyyyy too hot right now :(

I was on the floor for the last tour and it was a complete blast (I hadn't seen them since the Unforgettable Fire tour in '85!!!!)

1985!? That's amazing, I only wish I was going to gigs at 10 or 11.

That's why I paid U2 $30 USD each of the past 5 years so I would have no issues getting great seats for their next tour. I do the same for Eric Clapton.

You'll be able to get tickets on the general on sale, it's the Rogers Centre for goodness sack.

Peace,

Tim

Edited by Guest

LOL ... yeah, i figure i should be able to get on the floor with some luck on Monday's public onsale.

Yup, the '85 show at MLG was one of my first big concert gigs out on my own with friends (i was 14 at the time). Couldn't get into the first leg of the tour show at Massey in the December of '84 :(

This video was shot from almost the same seats that I had!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzQDzfka7XM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRHjrT_rCYI

U2 Unforgettable Fire Tour

The Unforgettable Fire 5th leg: North America

1985-03-28: Maple Leaf Gardens - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Setlist:

1. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock

2. I Will Follow

3. Seconds

4. Two Hearts Beat As One

5. MLK

6. The Unforgettable Fire

7. Wire

8. Sunday Bloody Sunday

9. The Cry

10. The Electric Co. / Amazing Grace (snippet)

11. A Sort Of Homecoming

12. Bad / Ruby Tuesday (snippet) / Sympathy For The Devil (snippet) / Norwegian Wood (snippet)

13. October

14. New Year's Day

15. Pride (In The Name Of Love)

encore(s):

16. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

17. Gloria

18. 40 / Do They Know It's Christmas (snippet)

I snoozed on this one and feel stupid because we were actually chatting about it the night before. I just forgot. I would have liked to grabbed a pair on the floor. Oh well. That said, I am stunned that this thing has "sold out". Early sales of No Line on the Horizon are less than half of what they were for How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb and dont even come close to the same early numbers for Coldplay, Flo Rida or even Ms. Spears. Bottom line, U2 is still popular, but nowhere near as popular as they used to be.

Arguably, U2 is still the best live band in the business, but two shows!? on weeknights six months from now?! in the Scrodome!? with a majority of tickets at $100 or $250!? Same story in the US with Soldier Field, Giants Stadium and every other huge venue "selling out" within hours?! I can understand the floors and the $30 seats going quickly, but ALL of the expensive ones too? No tour has ever sold out this quickly. No one, Never. It really is unprecedented.

But I don't believe for a minute that there are that many people willing to spend that much for these shows. Ticketbastard/LiveNation has obviously manipulated tickets sales. (The tour is produced by LiveNation.) They bought their own tickets to create these "sold out shows". They have now created the media image that this is the hottest tour ever. Time will show that it isn't. Throughout the summer, people will begin to receive special offers to see U2 at these "sold out shows" and be able to buy the tickets that Livenation took off the market yesterday.

Perhaps the worst thing about this is that RIM fought hard to win the world sponsorship role in this tour and they will be drawn into the ongoing investigation involving LiveNation and tickets sales. Im not saying there was anything illegal about what happened yesterday, but that it's just another example of how these companies manipulate things. Of course I would have liked to have scored a cheap pair on the floor and no doubt, there's a bit of bitterness here, but please ... does anyone actually believe that thousands of people would pay $250 (~ $280) to see any band from the 200-level, eighty to a hundred yards from the stage? Sure, people are stupid, but not that many, in every city, in every country, for every show.

Bottom line, U2 is still popular, but nowhere near as popular as they used to be.

I respectfully don't agree with you there. Regardless of current album sales(which are still very large), even the people, like myself, whose favourite album is The Unforgettable Fire, which was released 25 years ago, would love to see this show.