Jambands.ca

A double-dose of Inglewood Jack this week

bradm

After one day over two years away from the stage (except for an in-studio performance on CKCU-FM in January), the band I'm in, Inglewood Jack, will be doing two gigs this week. The first is Wednesday, April 1, at The Rainbow Bistro. We'll be on last, probably starting around midnight or so. The second is Thursday, April 2, at The New Bayou Jazz And Blues Club, when we'll start early, around 7pm, opening up for Peter Liu And The Jazz Mutants, in their monthly "Jazz Evolution" night.

We're really excited about getting back to performing. In the time away from the stage, we've been composing, recording, and rehearsing, and feel we're at the strongest we've been. If you're in Ottawa and can make it to either or both of the gigs, we promise to do our best to funk your socks off. If you're planning on not wearing socks, let us know, and we might be able to hook you up at the gig.

Aloha,

Brad

Okay, time to spill the beans:

April 1st is Bradm's birthday (no foolin')!!! So the Rainbow show is his birthday show. I look forward to force-feeding him tequila shots until he has to curl up on the floor fetally. Before the show.

We're on third, so the main goal of the rest of the members of IJ will be to keep me sober enough to play the show and record the show (probably two different ways). Note, however, that I've arbitrarily assumed the authority to extend the celebration of my birth across more than a week: I started last Friday at Mr. Something Something, and will kick it up several notches tomorrow night, with anything that survives the Rainbow available for further notch-kicking at the Bayou on Thursday, then maybe a nice dinner on Friday (location TBD), and then Lauzon @ Dekcuf on Saturday. It's on, people; bring it.

Aloha,

Brad

How about this Brad... we'll let you get as wasted as you want.. and when we hit the stage we'll just turn off your amp :)

Try it. I'll probably stand there for a while, playing but mystified as to why I'm not hearing myself, then go all batshiat crazee, I mean, total freakin' meltdown, on the sound engineer, demanding that I be heard more in the monitors.

Aloha,

Brad