Jambands.ca

Phish Redrocks 1996 and 2009

c-towns

Yeah, I just see there being a LOT more people being shut out than in '96 or Hampton for that matter. It's also going to be summer so a LOT more people are going to try and go anyways. And to top it off, when you get shut out of Red Rocks, there's really nowhere to go other than Morrison which isn't big enough to handle that many displaced wooks...

I'm not trying to be negative, it just doesn't look good on paper...

I didn't hear that, about checking for tix in the lot. the park is open everyday, even on concert days, they just close it in the afternoon before the show. If they close the lot for ticket holders only, I'll just ride my bike up one of the trails or something.

I'm not sure exactly how people get up there, but some friends have told me that they've watched shows from mt morrison. I'm gonna go by there soon and scope it out and try to figure out the best way up.

They close the lot for most shows but there's always a way around that like saying your tickets are at will call, or a friend has them, or just saying thank you and keep driving.

To get to Mt. Morrison, if your facing the venue, there is a trail that goes from the lot around the left side of the venue. It's a rough trail and definitely not doable on bike. I've never seen the trail patrolled during shows so if you can get into the lot, you can get up there no trouble. The only issue is the wind may distort the sound by the time it gets to you, but the light show is probably better from up there than anywhere...

The trail leaves from the Upper South Lot:

redrocksmapbig_roadmap2.gif

Edited by Guest

anyone going should start their cardio training now. walking up the stairs inside the venue is like walking up the CN tower. there ain't no air in denver. :P '96 was a humbling experience for a lot of us ... "save yourself, go on without me." was almost as commonly overheard as "a YEM opener would be sick, dude"

• 3 weeks later...