Jambands.ca

Plants and Animals at uOttawa

flipzoso

They didn't check for student IDs last time. I mean its run by students and they are pretty chill on the rules and such. (last time we went alot of the capacity of 100) so im sure you'll be fine.

My shoes are extremely white and I have a black sweater with crazy puffy hair, and a skateboard lying around. If you spot me say hello?

[if Im allowed to film] and you see someone filming, thats also me...come say hi after?

leaving now, cya

More deets please. I am old and this band slays.

Here's some deets. By the time you posted they were half done their set.

Good times. Strange strange show... Basement at OttawaU arts building. Free juice!! $3 beers. I paid cover and drank 5 beers for $20. Not bad for a Thursday. I also felt really old in that room.

Angela Desveaux was great as usual, Feuerstack played a Snailhouse song. Lots of chatter during that set so hard to hear.

Plants and Animals played a good set with a weak encore. Crowd was super pumped.

Flipzoso, I didn't see you but I assume you were there. Thanks for posting about this!!

"Weak encore?" Man, that jam was like one of the best parts of the night!

Along with the autoharp on Fairie haha.

I'm not sure if I saw you, but for Angela I was in front of the left speaker chillin. [i recorded audio of her set, PM me and I'll hook you up. Didn't get PnA because battery died, but fuck it I was having such a blast going nuts during their set anyways.]

And for Plants and Animals I was all over the place, because I had alot of different friends there and was allocating time to hang out with each group, haha.

I loved it. Amazing night, and was awesome to see them at a tiny venue.

I talked to them after, the will be playin babylon soon. Will, the merch guy, is hella cool too. He's gona be at the Sadies show in May.

Edited by Guest

I was there last night and really enjoyed their music and the fact that it was such a small venue... not likely to see them again in such an intimate setting.

However, I didn't actually SEE much of them last night either because of the crowd. That place could use a few risers for a stage.

"Weak encore?" Man, that jam was like one of the best parts of the night!

Glad you enjoyed it, wasn't up my alley though. 3 minutes of hollowbody feedback in a small basement room doesn't get me too excited. I'm more appreciative of songs than jam. But yeah, they have something for everyone, which makes them an excellent band.

Along with the autoharp on Fairie haha.

Not sure why everyone thinks the autoharp is funny... Thought it was pretty rude when the guy who put the show on started laughing hard enough for everyone in the room to hear when the autoharp came out, and then yelled something stupid about it. Oh well. It's a legitimate instrument and works really well in that tune.

Such a good band

Found some pics from Ming Wu

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ming2046/sets/72157616289674596/with/3408968094/

Win free tix to Plants & Animals at the Mod Club:

http://www.nowtoronto.com/cgi-bin/EH/EventHandler.cgi?Actn=Entry_Form&Fnm=event114&User_ID=contests

Enter to WIN a pair of tickets to see Plants & Animals, May 7 at the Mod Club!

Plants and Animals are a rock band. They’re the kind of rock band that still knows how to play their instruments and prefers recording with analog tape. The Montreal trio has received international acclaim since the release of their 2008 full-length debut, Parc Avenue. The album was nominated for Canada’s prestigious Polaris Prize, is up for two Juno Awards, and has garnered praise from everyone from NPR to Danger Mouse.

To check out more, click www.myspace.com/plantsandanimals

Deadline for entries is Sunday, April 26th at 11pm. One entry per household.