Jambands.ca

DBT down under !!

The D Funk

Howdy folks just thought i would share with you how pumped i am to see the drive by truckers in the wonderful land of OZ!! they are playing 3 different times at the Byron Bay Bluesfest> I am so looking forward to these shows and The festival overall

for anyones interested heres the link i http://www.bluesfest.com.au/ if you see anybody else on the bill i should make sure i dont miss lemme know!

make sure you approach Byron through Nimbin for your heady party supplies.i was sorted MOST kindly by the gentlemen at the Hemp Museum there. also be aware travel in/out of Byron on the Easter (bluesfest) weekend can be a bit of a parking lot. the bluesfest is VERY well attended and you prolly want to be in town and situated by the thursday latest. as far as accomodations alot of people swear by Arts Factory for its funky accomodations, i stayed at the backpackers inn which is the closest (only?) YHA with beach access... Byron Bay at night on the beach is magic! with the lighthouse and the surf? fuggedaboutit! hope you have fun! color me [color:green]extremely jelious!

It's a really fun festival in an awesome town. Definitely not the "free-for-all" that the North American camping festivals are, rather it's more akin to a "bluesfest" that would happen within a major city (not many lawn chairs, though). That said, it's pretty mellow and very easy to move from stage-to-stage and get up close if that's your thing.

I was there in 2004 and loved it. Stumbled across Xavier Rudd, which was pretty cool, and saw James Brown and Toots that same weekend.

Enjoy!

Sweet wow thanks alot guys for all your help and input i will definely use it all to make the most out of this weekend. DBT is my favorite band touring right so i am fired up. This is thier first time playing Australia so im sure they will bring the rock show down under!!

good vibes to all

As for Nimbin - the novelty can wear off very quickly. Once you get past the fact that every store sells Bob Marley gear and you can buy weed every ten feet, you realize how sketchy it is. Stray dogs everywhere, mothers with babies slinging dope on the sidewalk, really aggressive drug pushers. It's like Phish lot's shady Australian cousin. If you can find a hookup in Byron (which I'm sure you'll be able to) there is no need to head to Nimbin, in my opinion.

Have a great time, though. Such an awesome weekend.

DBT is my favorite band touring right so i am fired up. This is thier first time playing Australia so im sure they will bring the rock show down under!!

And given that Booker T. Jones is also on the schedule, and that Booker and DBT recently did a record as well as some shows together, I can't see them not collaborating during the festival.

Aloha,

Brad