Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go!! Fan Forum '09

Cully

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color:blue]I love Cito :)

Though rookie Travis Snider has been playing against right-handers and Bautista against lefties, Blue Jays manager Cito Gaston won't call his LF situation a platoon. "Still early. There's still an opportunity," he said. "Even though it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, the duck's going to walk differently soon."

I will admit I am a fair weather fan who is loving this years start...even though I know it can't last all season.... go Jays!

I had tickets for tomorrows game(correction-Stoned Phillips had tickets for me) but Poppa Schwa said I wasn't allowed to go....

;)

Edited by Guest

"He could go out there one day and just throw all cutters and beat you, and then he could go out there one day and just throw all sinkers and beat you, and then he could go out there and throw all curveballs one day and beat you," Cuddyer said. "Today he had all three of 'em. ... It's hard to find a better pitcher over the last seven or eight years than him."

-Micahel Cuddyer on Halladay

going to my first jays game in over 6 years on saturday. pumped!

AD' date=' we're going to the game too! Where are you sitting? We should have a beer.[/quote']

sorry, didn't see this until now, you have probably left for the game, arg.

we are sitting in the front 2 rows of section something or other, between home plate and first. we haven't picked up the tickets yet so am not sure our exact seats.

Romero and Purcey (16th overall in 2004) were high picks, so it's great seeing them doing well. Sometimes, prospects that aren't tearing up the minors perform better when they get called up. It seems to be the case so far with Purcey and Romero - and Richmond too.

Ryan looked pretty good yesterday.

Or maybe the big leaguers just haven't seen much of these guys yet and they will eventually get crushed.

This is true too. It can go either way. The young staff needs one run-through with each team in the East and a few of the other top contenders in the other divisions before we'll know what we got. Marcum may be back sooner than later too.

marcum and mcgowan (sp?) were both call ups last year as i recall and flourished as well.

I believe Marcum was called-up in 2005, but he was a full-time starter in 2007 and 08. McGowan was a call-up in 2007, but I know where you are going with this: If these unproven players can do it, then why can't one or more of the young current starters do the same thing? I think at least one will be a legit good starter.

Romero has way better "stuff" than Purcey. Purcey is definitely not ready for prime time.

Eventually people in Toronto are going to HAVE to give Riccardi credit.

Hill, Romero, Lind and Snyder were all his picks, and although the jury is still out on a couple of those names, they certainly look like they will all have solid careers.