Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go!! Fan Forum '09

Cully

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Romero has way better "stuff" than Purcey. Purcey is definitely not ready for prime time.

Eventually people in Toronto are going to HAVE to give Riccardi credit.

Hill, Romero, Lind and Snyder were all his picks, and although the jury is still out on a couple of those names, they certainly look like they will all have solid careers.

Begrudgingly I'll have to agree with you. I still think his stubborness in keeping Gibbons around was the most annoying thing he did. Also, he hired a few crappy coaches, like their hitting coach last year who had no major league experience.

Still, you have to give him credit where credit is due.

so then let's fire his useless ass as GM of Baseball Operations and make him the head of scouting and minor league operations. he sucks in every other aspect.

I'm an engineer. If i were horrible at math and didn't know how to use a computer but was great at fixing stuff would you still keep me on in my position or would you make me a maintenance person. just sayin :)

dang.

awesome outing by Romero!!! 2-0 with a 1.7(something) era. Kudos to the Jays minor league system for developing these awesome, out of nowhere, pitchers....granted Romero was a pretty high draft pick.

But the term "high draft pick" in baseball doesn't mean anything. The actual first over-all picks go to Yankees, Mets, Dodgers, Cubs etc. regardless of where in the draft they are picking. Jays get to pick the best "signable" player. Its fucked.

FUCK.

From http://www.drunkjaysfans.com/:

"Ricky Romero joined the best injured rotation in baseball today, being assigned to the 15 day DL for a right oblique muscle strain.

In case you've been in a coma for the first couple weeks of the season, or a regular commenter on the blog, Romero has surprisingly been the Jays best pitcher.

The move is retroactive to April 20th, and there's no word yet on who the Jays are planning on calling up to replace Romero. Because of Monday's off day, the team could go to Saturday without needing a fresh arm."