Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go!! Fan Forum '09

Cully

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious as to when Cito will shuffle the line-up. I realize that if it ain't broke, don't fix it but man our number 3 and 4 hitters, traditionally the best hitters in your line-up, are the Jays' worst hitters right now.

Coach Schwa. says move Rios to 2nd slot, Hill to 3rd and Lind to clean-up. Wells can bat 5th. Can't hurt, Wells needs to start earning his keep around them parts.

Once they let Snider face lefties I'd like to see:

Rios

Hill

Snider

Wells

Lind

Rolen

Overbay

Barajas

Scutaro

I don't move Hill at all. As for Wells, the way its set out there is better for left right left then if Wells got moved.

Purcey just killed himself with the balls in the first inning. Watched the first 3 batters and he threw like 11 balls and 2 stirkes. Brutal.

Worst part is he didn't even eat up innings. I mean, sure go out and get killed, but at least take 7 innings to throw 100 pitches so we don't kill the pen.

Scutaro at 9th makes no sense dude. he's doing great in the lead off position and is a base stealing threat as well. Perhaps the most well placed player in the order as far as i'm concerned.

Snider isn't hitting lefties because he can't...not yet anyway. has to adjust to the major league pitching.

Scutaro at 9th makes no sense dude. he's doing great in the lead off position and is a base stealing threat as well. Perhaps the most well placed player in the order as far as i'm concerned.

Snider isn't hitting lefties because he can't...not yet anyway. has to adjust to the major league pitching.

Have to disagree. Scutaro is not a lead off hitter. doesn't have the speed. Takes walks and has an OBP but his AVG is heading down and will level out...

but hey. thats what makes baseball fun. telling Schwa he's wrong.

You really can't put Snider batting 3rd...especially against lefties...he's not close to being ready yet. Maybe in a few years.

The Jays don't have a bonafide lead-off hitter on their team either, so Scutaro is the next best thing. It'd be cool if they traded for someone to do the job though.

OBP is the most important thing out of the lead-off position. I don't think that there is much "speed" differential between those two - at least not enough to make a huge difference. I mean, Rios stole TWO bases last year. And don't give me the Gibby argument - Gaston was here for 45+ games.

2009 OBP:

Alex Rios .303 (career .337)

Marco Scutaro .406 (career .328)

The real reason Scutaro has such a high OBP is because of his walks, Rios has NEVER been a high BB guy.

Scutaro already has 4 HRs to Rios' 1, so not sure where that power comment comes from.

I love what Sportsnet is doing, using their other region's channels to show Yanks and BoSox games. Otherwise I couldn't have seen the Boston meltdown live last night.

That was awesome.

The Jays did NOT count on Richmond or Romero being "solid" this year, and while it is still early, both have produced multiple quality starts, which can't be said for Mercy Purcey, or really Litsch for that matter.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when Litsch and Romero come back. I would LOVE to see Tallet stay in the rotation, and have Mercy sent to minors to work things out.