Jambands.ca

Washington DC.

rubberdinghy

Looks like I have scored myself an all-expenses paid trip to Washington.

What's cool there?

I'm really hoping to meet Jack Bauer. He seems to spend alot of time there, whether it be saving the President, or saving the US from terrorist attacks. Does he hang out at any sweet bars or anything?

Seriously though....any tips?

Smithsonian for sure (and it's free!)

Viet Nam Memorial (incredibly moving and beautifully designed)

The Lincoln Memorial (walk those steps where important events have taken place and be in awe at the feet of Lincoln)

Ride the subway, it gets you all over the place quickly.

Stop in at the Canadian Embassy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embassy_of_Canada_in_Washington

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/washington/offices-bureaux/exhib_expo.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=18&menu=L

washington is all about quads. be very careful with directions ... in their infinite wisdom most streets that run NS are numbered (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) and most that run EW are lettered (A, B, C, etc.)

simple enough ... except, there is a 3rd Street West and a 3rd Street East and there is an E Street North and an E Street South ... so there are actually four distinct intersections of 3rd and E - 3rd/E NW, 3rd/E SW, 3rd/E NE and 3rd/E SE.

be careful to note which quad you are going to. you don't want to accidentally end up in the SE quad. it's the bad part of town, hehe. :)

the north east side is to be avoided.

9:30 club is a cool venue, seen many shows there.

I had a homemade ammonia and chlorine bomb thrown at me by some local kids in broad daylight walking down the street with my girlfriend, near the north east side. little shits could have fucking blinded me.

Washington is a place for the very very wealthy elite, and the very very poor. Lots of culture and lots of poverty. Stick to the touristy stuff of which there is tons, and you'll be fine.

simple enough ... except, there is a 3rd Street West and a 3rd Street East and there is an E Street North and an E Street South ... so there are actually four distinct intersections of 3rd and E - 3rd/E NW, 3rd/E SW, 3rd/E NE and 3rd/E SE.:)

community_comp_winner_detail.jpg