Jambands.ca

NHL Playoffs 2009

badams

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooooooo, fuckin' drunken-guy Booche somehow missed both the OT goals from the first 2 games even though he was watching!

I was paying 90% more attention to the CBC Pitt-Philly game (fantastic stuff, the playoffs rock) but in one of those weird 'channel flippy' moments I hit TSN just after Carolina scores. So I stick on that for a moment because the place is rocking. It's almost impossible to move in those scenarios unless the Leaves just scored. Then I remember I am watching the other game so I go back to it. All of a sudden I wonder:

"What was that Jersey goal like?"

I flip back. Sure enough, I just miss the highlight and all I see is the celebration. Easy call here, right? Yeah.....they'll show the goal again. But they didnt so I flipped back.

What did I see?

The live celebration of Penguins having just scored........

Ovie is getting into their head...

NEW YORK -- The New York Rangers had an interested observer sitting on the visitor's bench as they took the ice for their pregame skate Monday morning.

Washington Capitals winger Alex Ovechkin was watching the Rangers practice when a Rangers trainer complained to the Capitals. Washington PR man Nate Ewell then asked Ovechkin to leave the area.

"Alex was just looking for a place to relax. He likes being by the ice," said Ewell. "As soon as he found out it made the Rangers uncomfortable, he left."

[color:blue]When asked why the Rangers wanted him to leave, Ovechkin joked: "Because they're afraid of me."

When asked why he did it, Ovechkin joked that he sat there to "tick off" Rangers coach John Tortorella. His answer drew many laughs from reporters.

Tortorella insisted after the skate he had no idea Ovechkin was there.

"Who? Oh, god, this is the first I've heard of it," said Tortorella. "Ask me a question about the game, not that [expletive]."

"I don't think he had a pen and paper and was writing down line combinations," joked Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau. "I can understand [the Rangers asking him to leave]. I've gotten into the same arguments with people when I've wanted privacy in my practice, so I can understand what John was going through."

Whoa, what a finish in Carolina. NJ-Car isn't getting any love because a) it's New Jersey, B) it's mostly been on TSN2, and c) it's New Jersey, but that series was just 0.2 seconds away from going to its third straight OT game.

Pretty crazy finish in that game, Dave-0. And how cool was Marty Brodeur afterwards? Did you catch the look on his face when a reporter asked him if "it was the worst loss he's suffered in his career"? Hahaha, made me laugh.

And If Fleury plays like he did last night Pitt can go far this year. He was in the zone.

I totally called a Van OT win at work yesterday. I don't know why, but teams down 3-0 ALWAYS seem to push their final game to OT, then ultimately lose on home ice. It's gotta be one of the most demoralizing losses a team can suffer.

Dear Habs,

Please don't lose in OT tonight. I beg of you.

Whoa, what a finish in Carolina. NJ-Car isn't getting any love because a) it's New Jersey, B) it's mostly been on TSN2, and c) it's New Jersey, but that series was just 0.2 seconds away from going to its third straight OT game.

That was a great game! I love having Centre Ice Online and not having to work until 2PM. I wake up every morning, grab a coffee and bagel, and settle in for several hours of quality hockey before I begin the workday.