Jambands.ca

Neil Young 4/13/09 K-Rock setlist

TimmyB

Good show, heard a lot off the new album that I had yet to hear live from last fall. Plus "Lost in Space" was the highlight of the night for me as I finally got a song from Neil's underrated 'Hawks & Doves' album and it was great to see it performed with Ben Keith and Anthony Crawford on duo acoustic Taylor twelve strings. It was also great to hear "When You Dance I Can Really Love You" and "Pocahontas" again which I had both not heard since 1996 and 1999 respectively and it's always a treat to see the peace dove keyboards drop for "Like a Hurricane" albeit a short but sweet version.

Yet seeing the previous setlists from out east I really wish I made a trip to Newfoundland or Halifax to see songs like "Speakin' Out," "Barstool Blues" and especially "Change Your Mind" which Neil has not done live since the 'Sleeps with Angels' tour in 1994. And since Neil dedicated "Old Man" to a lot of his family that were in Kingston that night it seemed that he could not wait to get off stage to hang out with them as the K-Rock set was a couple shorter than the previous gigs.

The Kingston fans were a great crowd that were far more appreciative than the two larger cities fans of Toronto and Ottawa between Kingston on the 401 Hwy.

On a side note it was nice again to see Neil cover Bob Dylan's "All Along the Watchtower" in Kingston, the first gig I ever attended in Kingston was Dylan last fall where he closed his set with "Watchtower."

Peace,

Tim

Neil Young

K-Rock Centre

Mon Apr 13, 2009

Start time 9:04PM

1. When You Dance I Can Really Love You

2. Johnny Magic

3. Everybody Knows This is Nowhere

4. Spirit Road

5. Pocahontas

6. Cortez the Killer

7. Cinnamon Girl

8. Mother Earth (Natural Anthem)

9. Hit the Road

10. The Needle and the Damage Done

11. Light a Candle

12. Lost in Space

13. Heart of Gold

14. Old Man

15. Like a Hurricane

16. Get Behind the Wheel

17. Just Singing a Song

Encore: 18. All Along the Watchtower

19. Rockin' in the Free World

End time 10:50 (Total time 1 hour and 45 minutes)

Edited by Guest

pocahontas was a treat for me

i agree timmy, looking at some of the stuff he's been playing at the other shows, i long for them. i'd have loved a world on a string!

but, a few weeks ago i mouse'd over the neil thread and couldn't help but see the tour opening tunes (love, hey hey,). i was a little disappointed as i then thought we'd get the exact same setlist as last time. but now that i am looking at all the shows between it's been mixed up, which is nice.

I enjoyed the show a lot, but not as much as the last few shows. No reflection on Neil, more of a comment on the amazing setlist of the last Ottawa show and how great it was to see him at Massey Hall.

Neil consistenty brings it, the guy is never just going through the motions, and it's all but impossible to find someone with a catalogue like his playing like that.

I enjoyed the show a lot, but not as much as the last few shows. No reflection on Neil, more of a comment on the amazing setlist of the last Ottawa show and how great it was to see him at Massey Hall.

Neil consistenty brings it, the guy is never just going through the motions, and it's all but impossible to find someone with a catalogue like his playing like that.

I completely agree about the catalogue, I have now seen Neil Young perform 201 different songs (5 new from Kingston) in 47 concerts. The only artist/group I have seen perform more in around the same amount of shows is Phish. And though I have seen Bob Dylan do a lot of different songs in 40 concerts he is nowhere near the 200 mark.

Peace,

Tim