Jambands.ca

New Levon Helm Album (GD Content)

Hartamophone

From jambands.com:

Former Band singer/drummer Levon Helm will release his second solo album on June 30. Like Dirt Farmer, Helm’s latest disc Electric Dirt was recorded at the drummer’s Woodstock barn and produced by longtime collaborator Larry Campbell, "Our objective here was to take the honesty, innocence and purity of the Dirt Farmer record which represents a true element of what Levon is all about but also expand on that and explore deeper the goldmine of Levon's musical artistry,†Campbell said in a statement. The album includes covers of The Grateful Dead's "Tennessee Jed," Happy Traum's "Golden Bird," Randy Newman’s “Kingfish,†as well as originals like the new Helm/Campbell collaboration "Growing Trade.†Allen Toussaint also lends his skills as an arranger.

I saw his Conan appearance for Dirt Farmer with one cut off that album and a him singing all the verses of The Weight. I'd highly recommend someone post those clips if they can find them. I was really impressed with the large ensemble and the return of his wonderful voice.

Sadly it reminds me of the loss (through madness)of my most prized possession my copy of Big Pink signed by Danko, Helm and Hudson.

That and the Ray K (Ray Kettlewell) paddle that my brother destroyed on trip. Fucking dink.

Nice! Does anyone happen to have any insight as to what Levon is gonna be up to this August? I'm trying to plan a Band pilgrimage trip that would revolve around attending the Midnight Ramble. Ideally we could incorporate the Darien Lake Phish show into the trip.. Unfortunately Levon doesn't have any plans posted past JUne 18th.

Sadly it reminds me of the loss (through madness)of my most prized possession my copy of Big Pink signed by Danko, Helm and Hudson.

OUCH!