• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loser (WH)

Smokestack Lightnin' (WH) >

Stella Blue (WH)>

That bit kills. Seriously. KILLS!

Those are some of my most favorite Warren cover-sung numbers. All in a row? Awesome. The surrounding shit doesnt appeal to me in setlist form but who knows how it went down.

It takes a certain voicing style to sing Smokestack Lightning and Warren facking nails it. I am so glad Bob passed that one off to him. Way to go Weir.

Second set ended with a playin reprise.

What a show. I don't think I would have been that excited seeing this setlist on paper but I absolutely loved the show.

Loser and Stella Blue were highlights for me in the first set.

There were a lot of mellow songs played but the energy in the room was incredible.

Loved the trade off on vocals between Warren and Bobby on a few songs, can't remember which ones.

So wish I was going to see them again this summer.

Great shakedown down going on down the street from HSBC before the show too.

Loved the trade off on vocals between Warren and Bobby on a few songs, can't remember which ones.

You're the first person that I've heard say that. Just heard lots of complaints so far about the mid verse vocal switches. I haven't formed an opinion yet - need to listen more carefully. some have complained that it messes up the phrasing.

Loved the trade off on vocals between Warren and Bobby on a few songs' date=' can't remember which ones.

[/quote']

You're the first person that I've heard say that. Just heard lots of complaints so far about the mid verse vocal switches. I haven't formed an opinion yet - need to listen more carefully. some have complained that it messes up the phrasing.

i also enjoyed the vocal trade offs, but i was there and i think that make a difference. was cool to see yukon cornelius bobby step back from his mike and warren walk up to his. their voices complement each others very nicely. listening to shows afterwards is a very different experience, i always find.

had a blast at the show. really felt like a grateful dead show, not just a dead show. the stella blue was really different.

Second set ended with a playin reprise.

What a show. I don't think I would have been that excited seeing this setlist on paper but I absolutely loved the show.

Loser and Stella Blue were highlights for me in the first set.

There were a lot of mellow songs played but the energy in the room was incredible.

Ditto to what jazzy jeff said above. Loser and Stella Blue were my favourites from the first set. Slow songs, but intense energy. Booche, if you give the Loser / SSL > Stella Blue a listen I think you'll like what you hear.

I really enjoyed Warren's voice at this show. He's not Jerry, but he sings with passion. I remember him and Bobby trading off verses on Loose Lucy for sure. And Ramble on Rose if I remember correctly. I remember some mid-verse trading, but I can't remember whether it happened on those songs and/or others. No comment other than I enjoyed Warren's voice more than Bobby's for this show.

I was very impressed with Jeff Chimenti's keyboard/organ playing. Some very tasty soloing during Eyes. Some fun stuff at the start of Drums. Some killer organ at times. He can play!

Phil is a lot of fun too watch and listen to. He obviously loves playing and loves life. And his bass lights up! :)

The Truckin' encore gave the show that little blast of rock that I thought was missing up until then.

Totally glad I made the trip for this show!

Peace, Mark

Edited by Guest
tweaked my post

they do deposit on beer bottles now. so those were being picked up / donated.

as for the balloons. there were a lot and it is aweful. but there weren't any garbage cans. most of the vendors seemed to have trash bags but they were full quick. at $20/car you'd think they could get some garbage cans and people to maintain

I have read that the lot scene was total sketchville. Any truth to this??

I also heard it was half full and tickets were going for cheap in the lot.

Yes, I do believe everything I read!

depends on your definition of sketchy. it wasnt your weekend frat boy dmb lot, but it wasnt a herion drenched shakedown either. it was super congested, muddy, unpatrolled, generally cooperative and full of shirts, glass, burritos and balloons. maybe 30 vendors and a couple of tanks. below face was possible outside as the prices were high to begin with and the place was likely 2/3 to 3/4 sold. no doubt plenty of penniless fingers who didnt get in. inside it was a really nice, friendly crowd with a genuinely positive vibe.