Jambands.ca

The Dead - Buffalo, NY Setlist

Cully

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Albany seemed more sketchy post-show.

But really, phishtaper had it right. Wasn't sketchy at all. Just your usually puppy pulling dreadies doing their thing trying to get some money for the next show. Virtually no police presence and even when they were around they didn't seem to mind the tanks.

As opposed to sketchy, I'd say it was exactly as it always was, its just been a long time since I've been to a good old fashioned lot party.

Yes the balloons were out of control. I hear they are $10 now, not sure if this was the case in Buffalo.

I didn't find it that sketchy, a bit I guess but we didn't go there after the show.

Lots of food vendors.

Just as we were leaving shakedown, this guy opened up a pelican case full of pipes. He was selling them all for $5 a piece. It was very shady and I assume he stole them from another vendor.

Noticeably absent were any trash cans that could have given people a place to throw things away.

That's an explanation' date=' NOT an excuse.[/quote']

yeah, no offense Kev, you know i love ya but that is total bullshit. hows about your POCKET!

Langerado gave me a new found HATE for balloons.

Noticeably absent were any trash cans that could have given people a place to throw things away.

That's an explanation' date=' NOT an excuse.[/quote']

yeah, no offense Kev, you know i love ya but that is total bullshit. hows about your POCKET!

Langerado gave me a new found HATE for balloons.

but what if you've been there so long your pockets are full?

I was at the show and thought while the sets were well played they were very pedestrian, very safe, no many chances taken. At times boring.

The highlights for me was the drums/space jam that veered in to house territory with Jeff Chementi on keys.

Other than that the "Eyes" and "Ramble On ROse" were good.

Seems every time Bobby wears pants the show suffers.

Also is it possible that the Dead, Ratodog, or Phil and Friends can ever play a show in Western N.Y. and not play "Truckin'".

It's getting really predictable at this point.

Enjoyable all the same tough.

Also is it possible that the Dead, Ratodog, or Phil and Friends can ever play a show in Western N.Y. and not play "Truckin'".

It's getting really predictable at this point.

well jeesh polly, of course it's predictable. but people in buffalo want to hear truckin'. predictable isn't always bad. would you rather they have whipped out a set of 70's disco?

No one is getting any younger is a good argument for why to go see the Dead now. When they are gone, their gone! Then what? Animal Collective tour? The crowd is too boring to make that fun.

I regret not going to this even though I know it probably would have been more tame musically then what I would have wanted but the nostalgia alone can be a good enough feeling to make it worth it.

would you rather they have whipped out a set of 70's disco?

Totally! That would be my dream..

Ideally this...

Shakedown

-->Dancin' in the Street ('77 style)

-->Music Never Stopped

-->Finuculi Finicula

-->Hey Pocky Way

P.S. Why does Phil seems more youthful than Bobby yet Bobby is 7 years younger and did not have liver transplant??

Edited by Guest

Looks like a great setlist to me. With all the friends I had GIVING away tickets last minute I kinda regret not going. But c'mon.. who knows when they're gonna toss out that Loose Lucy?!?!?!

Still.. I refuse to pay $100 to watch senior citizens brutalize the music I love. I can do drugs at home thanks!