Jambands.ca

Cisco Ottawa Bluesfest Line-up Announced

bouche

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool!

One new feature of this year’s festival is the first concert in LeBreton Gallery, the glassed-in area of the war museum where the tanks are displayed. Set up as a 1,000-capacity venue, jazz saxman Ornette Coleman performs there July 11.

If you are one of the many that hasn't been following Styx over the past 20 years, the current line-up has three core members: singer-guitarists Tommy Shaw and James Young and part-time bassist (due to ill-health) Chuck Panozzo. Dennis DeYoung is long gone as is drummer John Panozzo. I'd skip this gig, unless you like rocking to Larry Gowan singing DeYoung's songs.

If you are one of the many that hasn't been following Styx over the past 20 years, the current line-up has three core members: singer-guitarists Tommy Shaw and James Young and part-time bassist (due to ill-health) Chuck Panozzo. Dennis DeYoung is long gone as is drummer John Panozzo. I'd skip this gig, unless you like rocking to Larry Gowan singing DeYoung's songs.

Neither is it the original KISS:

* Paul Stanley – rhythm guitar, lead vocals (1972–present)

* Gene Simmons – bass guitar, lead vocals (1972–present)

* Tommy Thayer – lead guitar, vocals (2002–present)

* Eric Singer – drums, percussion, vocals (1991–1996, 2001–2002, 2004–present)

I saw KISS in 1999 or 2000. Had a great time. and out of the 100s of concerts that I have attended it was the only one with plenty of chicks flashing their tits.

I'm in town for the final weekend and will definitely be there for the drive by truckers and dave alvin. He doesn't seem to be on anybody's lists up there - do yourself a favour and go see the former Blaster.

It was in a bluesfest press release. I would imagine that with all of the acts listed, not every site database is going to be up to date at the same time. Well, let's hope that's the case because I haven't seen any updates mailed out yet.

I just found out that the dude who programs the bluesfest website works in my department. Asked him about Gov't Mule, he said he was told not to list them on the website - yet. He was unable to elaborate further.

what dude is that? Mike Clarke?