Jambands.ca

EVOLVE 2009 FESTIVAL OFFICIAL

Jay Funk Dawg

[blurb]

01_evolvePrint.jpg

"Atlantic Canada's favourite summer music festival is back! Evolve is 3 days and 3 nights of world-class music, environmental awareness, and camping fun set against a spectacular oceanside panorama!â€

Xavier Rudd / Jon Lajoie / The New Deal / A.Skillz / Mat The Alien / The King Khan & BBQ Show / Shout Out Out Out Out / Elite Force / Mishka / That 1 Guy / Slowcoaster / The Sleepless Nights / Myagi and Root Sellers feat. Jorah Kai / House Of David Gang / Sonny D / Gratefully Deadicated Sound System / Caledonia / Valery Gore / Steve Nurse / Rich Aucoin / Mark Harmsworth / Flotilla / Share / Mizz Maxine / Ghost Bees / Ryan LeBlanc / The Strangeboys / Burnto / Steve The Viking / Run With The Kittens / DVD / Sherman Downey / Tommy Knuckles / Andres Godoy / A/V / Jens Jepperson / The Ukeladies / Cool Dad

please read full info

[/blurb]

FULL LINE UP:

EVOLVE FESTIVAL 2009

www.evolvefestival.com

Your 10th Annual Evolve Music and Awareness Festival!

Antigonish, NS

July 17-19, 2009

• Xavier Rudd

• Jon Lajoie

• The New Deal

• A.Skillz

• Mat The Alien

• The King Khan & BBQ Show

• Shout Out Out Out Out

• Elite Force

• Mishka

• That 1 Guy

• Slowcoaster

• The Sleepless Nights

• Myagi and Root Sellers feat. Jorah Kai

• House Of David Gang

• Sonny D

• Gratefully Deadicated Sound System

• Caledonia

• Valery Gore

• Steve Nurse

• Rich Aucoin

• Mark Harmsworth

• Flotilla

• Mizz Maxine

• Ghost Bees

• Ryan LeBlanc

• The Strangeboys

• Burnto

• Aaron MacDonald

• Run With The Kittens

• DVD

• Sherman Downey

• Tommy Knuckles

• Andres Godoy

• A/V

• Jens Jepperson

• The Ukeladies

• Cool Dad

For complete line-up info visit www.evolvefestival.com.

A limited number of tickets will be sold - only 250 early bird passes available!

Ticket Prices: Early birds $105, advance $125 and $140 at the gate (price includes parking and camping).

Tickets available at various locations across Canada. See www.evolvefestival.com for full list. Online tickets available at www.ticketpro.ca and all Ticketpro locations.

direct all festival inquiries to: info@evolvefestival.com

xavier1.jpg

Xavier Rudd

http://www.xavierrudd.com

http://www.myspace.com/xavierrudd

Beloved Australian musician/activist Xavier Rudd is announcing a Canadian tour in support of his latest album Dark Shades of Blue.

Loud and psychedelic, Dark Shades highlights a side of Xavier Rudd merely hinted at on earlier releases. The guitar-driven songs, mixed by Joe Barresi (Tool, Queens of the Stone Age), are more complex and rocking than what audiences perhaps expect from the lifelong surfer and Dave Matthews tourmate. Yet fans will not be disappointed, for the new direction still holds true to Rudd’s passion for mixing rock and folk with indigenous instruments and other voices.

Xavier Rudd’s return to Canada is anticipated to be met with lots of love across the country.

For my money this looks great. I am not expecting Evolve to compare to Rothbury, Ottawa Bluesfest or Bonaroo - but I think that the line up speaks for how far the festival has come in 10 years from a small party in the woods to a special music and message camp-out with 2-3 Thousand maritimers.

p.s. I'm a huge A.Skillz fan - I think that's a great booking! check out his Beatles Remix work

www.myspace.com/djaskillz

Ween would be a sick addition for sure. Although they are pretty fucking adamant about not playing hippy festivals in the woods. Evolve would be their idea of hell-on-fucking-earth. I can't recall what fest it was but Deaner wrote a hilarious blurb about playing a very similar size fest/ audience/ organization and essentially said never again.

That said Ween would be about the only reason to compel me out east. That and a beautiful girl from Newfoundland. Oh and I can see where the dreaded masses love Xavier Rudd but that whole I can play the drums with my feet while playing guitar is as played out as Jerry Seinfeld's 'Hellooooo'.

Couldn't find Deaner on the mushroom festival from hell but did find this quote:

"Yeah, we sure are [attracting hippies], huh? It's cool. If they dig it, they dig it. We openly kind of mock that scene. I don't really give a shit, though ... We come from a jam mentality. We don't have rehearsals. We jam for five hours -- probably not unlike fucking Phish or moe. or anybody like that. Except with us, that's not where it's at: With Ween, we write songs. ... I think some of these bands will jam on fucking anything for three hours. You've got to have peaks and valleys and dynamics for it to be good. You can't just play for hours and hours and hours. I guess there's a crowd for that, and they want to drop acid and do the hippie dance. And that's cool, and they know where to get it, which is not at a Ween show.

• 1 month later...

For those that are not familiar with Radio 3, it's mostly all independent Canadian music all the time, it rules... and congrats to Evolve for being named in the top 25 fests in North America by Outside Magazine...

Jonas talks EVOLVE on CBC Radio 3

http://radio3.cbc.ca/blogs/2009/05/Live-on-CBC-Radio-3-A-Canadian-Summer-Festival-Critique---Hillside-Evolve-NxNE-and-more