Jambands.ca

Apology from the Hip

fluffhead77

So I wrote to them after the brutal debacle trying to order tickets to tonight's show and this is what I got.

Dear Really Really Ridiculously Good Looking Fan, (edited due to privacy concerns)

We are writing to you and all of the Registered Users who may have encountered problems purchasing tickets to The Music Hall on Friday, April 24th through the Ticketmaster Canada system at the designated on sale time of 10:00am (EDT).

Our intention was to offer our fans a special treat and a thank you for your continued support. Unfortunately, what transpired during Monday's on sale was neither special nor particularly thankful.

On behalf of the band, our management and Ticketmaster we would like to take this opportunity to offer you our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that you may have experienced and let you know that in the coming days you will receive, via email, an electronic gift card from Ticketmaster in the amount of $15.00 (cdn). You will be able to put this money towards a future transaction of your choice at Ticketmaster.

We thank all of you for your understanding with this matter and your continued support for the band over the years.

All the best,

The Hip

It's better than nothing, but realistically, it's barely going to cover their bullshit service charges. *Sigh*

So I wrote to them after the brutal debacle trying to order tickets to tonight's show and this is what I got.

Dear Really Really Ridiculously Good Looking Fan, (edited due to privacy concerns)

We are writing to you and all of the Registered Users who may have encountered problems purchasing tickets to The Music Hall on Friday, April 24th through the Ticketmaster Canada system at the designated on sale time of 10:00am (EDT).

Our intention was to offer our fans a special treat and a thank you for your continued support. Unfortunately, what transpired during Monday's on sale was neither special nor particularly thankful.

On behalf of the band, our management and Ticketmaster we would like to take this opportunity to offer you our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that you may have experienced and let you know that in the coming days you will receive, via email, an electronic gift card from Ticketmaster in the amount of $15.00 (cdn). You will be able to put this money towards a future transaction of your choice at Ticketmaster.

We thank all of you for your understanding with this matter and your continued support for the band over the years.

All the best,

The Hip

It's better than nothing, but realistically, it's barely going to cover their bullshit service charges. *Sigh*

I also sent them an email regarding the sitution, but I did not get a response.

When did you get that email?

Dear Really Really Ridiculously Good Looking Fan' date=' (edited due to privacy concerns)

All the best,

The Hip

It's better than nothing, but realistically, it's barely going to cover their bullshit service charges. *Sigh*[/quote']

I also sent them an email regarding the sitution, but I did not get a response.

When did you get that email?

oh about an hour ago.

not that was obvious in any way. one thing i did notice was that a lot of people had singles. perhaps they kept getting screwed on pairs and ended up going for singles and got them.

i overheard a guy behind us saying he ordered two singles and when he arrived, they told him at the door that ticketmaster had cancelled his one order because he had double-ordered. so he only had one seat. now, im not 100% clear on this buut i think i heard him say that someone at the door called them into the box office, explained it, then said they'd be willing to let the second guy in so he could stand at the back of the balcony. people knew what a mess the ticket sale process was so maybe they were going out of their way to try to accomodate. i thot that was cool.