Jambands.ca

HILLSIDE FESTIVAL 2009

thomson

Where are you getting the word on Wolfe, AD?? Got anything else?

Most / all of the lineup was announced a couple weeks ago, but website hasn't been updated.

Holy F**k

Busdriver

Rural Alberta Advantage

The D'urbervilles

Ohbijou

Attack in Black

Woodhands

Apostle of Hustle

Julie Fader

I hope there are more to be announced, esp for the Friday night. A hootenanny would be appreciated.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one of the worst lineups I've ever seen on paper for them. Then again the workshops are often what it's all about and artists you haven't heard of can tend to blow your mind. Jayme Stone is the banjo player (best in Canada) that studied with Bela I've mentioned before, he and Sissoka (sic?) won the Juno for best World recording this year. They will make the core of a killer West/African workshop.

With Busdriver playing Wolfe Island I've gotta say even though it's a much smaller lineup I'd way rather hit Wolfe.

Busdriver (along with Aceyalone) is one of my favourite and notably one of the best MC's from the LA underground scene and the Project Blowed open mics. His album Temporary Forever is probably an emblematic starting point. I recall one Brad Barr being quite taken with the track Imaginary Places off that album (which as a he noted at the time contains a Beethoven sample). That album is his classic hyper-fast articulate verbiage.

For something a lot more conceptual there's his collaboration with Radioinactive and Daedalus (who's notably playing at I think Casbah I thought I read in another thread) called The Weather which is an iconic experimental hip hop LP.

On another note Woodhands were just ranked by Q magazine as one of the 10 most important bands in the world at the moment. My buddy Roger (band member/producer) was working on a remix for Peter, Bjorn and John with them on Friday (more fruit from their deal with Interscope).

And NO you are not the only one who can't fucking stand Xavier Rudd and Dude That One's. We get it you can play the bass with your feet or whatever. Fuck the didgeridoo.