Jambands.ca

Slightly complicated flight-booking question

bradm

I'm planning a trip to Amsterdam in May (leaving Ottawa May 12, leaving Amsterdam May 18), and some of the flights I've looked at require a plane-change in London, England, which is fine with me. But I just noticed that a couple of bands I like are playing in London on May 20.

So what I'd like to do is fly Ottawa > London > Amsterdam on May 12/13, then fly Amsterdam > London on May 18, and London > Ottawa on May 21. Would I be better off to book two separate return tickets (one of them being Ottawa > London / London > Ottawa, the other being London > Amsterdam / Amsterdam London), or should I try to book Ottawa > Amsterdam > London / London > Amsterdam > Ottawa with a couple of days' "split" between arriving in and departing from London on the way back?

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Aloha,

Brad

Check out Easyjet or Ryan Air for flights from London to Amsterdam and vice versa... they're super-duper cheap. You could then fly Ottawa - London for your overseas flights, and do the super cheap flights to get to Amsterdam and back while you're over there.

That's an option.

Sometimes it's cheaper to do a multi-ticket too... so check Ottawa-Amsterdam... Amsterdam to London... London to Ottawa.

Hopefully you can get hooked up though on Ryan Air or Easy jet. I'm not sure what airport you'd be flying into from Ottawa.. but i suppose you can take the train in between should these smaller airlines fly out of a different one.