Jambands.ca

Beatles Love

Velvet

I just went to see the Cirque show last Sunday and I gotta say, if you're in Vegas go see this show.

As we sat down my buddy turned to me and said that it was worth half the price of admission just seeing the theatre. I don't know about that but the staging was remarkable. The music was (of course) top-notch and the show was a sensory overload from the get-go. The lighting design was unbelievable; they had some tricks up their sleeves that were just so effective and creative, it was a constant feast for the eyeballs, the earballs, and more.

If I had to criticize I would say they are a bit light on jaw-dropping circus acts, rather they create spectacular vignettes for the wonderful remixes done by Martin & Martin.

If I had a tip it would be that the 'cheap' seats might just be superior to the first few rows, so don't feel like you need to spend $160. I got my tickets discounted online for $70US all charges included, which is a pretty good price for a big Vegas show methinks. Plus you're sure to win back the price of admission by midnight, right?

I won't spoil any surprises with any specifics, but if you can get there, go see this show.

yeah i saw this a two weeks ago in vegas. really good show...almost felt too overloaded at points though, not knowing what to watch.

caught elton john's the red piano while there. this show was one of the best concerts i have ever seen. it really combined excellent cinematography and photography with the music (ie. pamela anderson pole dancing to the bitch is back, justin timberlake playing a young elton back stage, marilyn monroe footage to candle in the wind and on and on...) truly was spetacular. i mean who doesn't drop a tear or two to 'your song' ? there was also one point where they let the first five rows or so go up on stage and surround elton while he sang..kinda reminded of those videos you see of stevie wonder and everyone around the piano rocking out. (sorry to hijack...)

pinball wizard....yeah baby...

p.s. if anyone is going use priceline! if you pick five star you will probably get the wynn...we got it for 116/night and you can sleep eight in the washroom alone.

Edited by Guest

"p.s. if anyone is going use priceline! if you pick five star you will probably get the wynn...we got it for 116/night and you can sleep eight in the washroom alone."

Sweet! We were afraid of ending up off the strip so we didn't priceline. We were at the Flamingo for about $90 a night.

awesome! I'm so jealous. I've wanted to see this, but I need to get to vegas. What'd you do in Vegas other than that?

I put the DVD audio on for you one time velvet, but I couldn't get teh 5.1 working right. Now you got to hear the amazing mix!

You so gotta see the show Mike. I thought of you when I was there. You'd Love it.