bouche

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meatloaf!

Queen!

haha. oh you didn't mean the band.

meatloaf can give you so much pleasure after the original meal. there is nothing like a good meatloaf sandwich with some tomato sauce on good italian bread (like dirienzo's does).

Tonight.... grilled brined pork chops with some roasted sweet potatoes and something green.

we're debating maybe doing a Japanese place - Sapporo, in downtown Hamilton. Yeah, it's technically a "buffet" but the sashimi is excellent and they cook to order from the checklist menu, it's not a hot tray place at all.

I feel indecisive because as much as that would be excellent, I feel I could almost have a bagel and cream cheese, later on some kielbassa sliced up, call it a night and still be satisfied, $25 heavier.

1 can lentils, drained

1 can chick peas, drained

2 large tomatoes, finely chopped

1 bunch green onion, finely chopped

1 cup finely chopped parsley or coriander

1 large red pepper, finely chopped

¼ cup olive oil

¼ cup lemon juice

½ tsp salt

½ tsp pepper

Combine all ingredients and serve.

i found the fiddleheads tedious and weird.

but i should add - we made an aioli which was deelish!

for use as a pasta sauce:

1. cook [on low] 3 tablespoons of garlic w/ 3 tbsp of olive oil [be really careful not to overcook the garlic!]

2. when the garlic is foaming and straw coloured [roughly 10 minutes] remove from heat

3. add some red pepper flakes, parsley, and 2 tbsp lemon juice to your cooked garlic

4. also add one more tbsp of garlic and 3 more tbsp of olive oil

5. toss with your pasta [we used spaghetti] -- you can add some pasta water or chicken broth to loosen up your sauce

so yummy!

i found the fiddleheads tedious and weird.

Tedious! Oh man, that made me laugh.

I liked 'em. You won't be too sorry to know that you've missed out on another batch of fiddleheads this week. I followed a tip to boil them for a few minutes before sauteeing them, and this helps a lot. I don't care how much you wash them, you should see how much dirt and such comes off of these things in boiling water! They pretty much clean themselves this way. It also makes them more tender to the bite - they were a bit crunchy in our pasta creation.

Using your above aioli recipe, a mishmash of veggies (including the fiddleheads), quinoa pasta and some tamari sauce for fun.

I know that you've vowed to never eat them again, but I have to say, these are pretty darn good.

• 4 weeks later...

Tonight, I'm having a two-egg omelette, done over sauteed diced onions, filled with a diced plum tomato and some grated fontina cheese, and done up sandwich-style in some whole wheat bread; my wine choice tonight is Inniskillin 2007 Cabernet Franc.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest