Jambands.ca

Star Trek.

Cully

Does he even like star trek??

No he does not.

I don't think it's a new timeline, is it? Hopefully not.

An article I read said that the timeline is altered because of the events in this movie...so this allows them to have unlimited references and resources from the old movies and stories, but everything is slightly altered so they can do whatever they want with them. In short, we'll be seeing Khan in a new scenario in one of the next two movies. Confirmed.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen it yet. Been trying to stay away from anything in regards to it...Finally had to pop in here.

So how do they start the movie then...with Pike as the captain, and how does Kirk get recruited? Is Spock serving under Pike? Do they go into how Pike was injured?

Or is this the basis for the movie?

Waiting....want to see it in IMAX, but don't want to wait in line.

Is it filmed like Batman...only certain scenes in IMAX?

as far as I know, it wasn't filmed in imax. it's just enhanced slightly. I bet you wouldnt' even notice a difference. It's basically blown up on a bigger screen.

The joke is on anyone who says "If you didnt see it in IMAX you are allfuckinglosers in my eyes and not worthy."

There is no need to wait for IMAX. It's perfectly f'n fantastic at a regular cineplex.

I have always been more a Star Wars fan than Star Trek however I would take this movie over any of the three new Star Wars.

The special effects are top notch and the cast is great. I found it easy to accept them as younger versions of the characters we know from the original series.

The story was ok and the time travelling element makes it easier for the writers to explain any differences from the original to the new series of movies.

I think even people who have no idea about Star Trek but like SciFi will like this movie. They may not get some of the references as to what lies ahead for these characters but the movie can stand on it's own.

Chris Pike should have been played by John Locke.

The 17th century philospher or the character from Lost, based loosley on the 17th century philosopher?

Actually, the original Pike, played by Jeffrey Hunter, wasn't available to reprise his role from the first pilot, so Rodennberry concocted another story and used a different actor to play Pike - the dude in the mechanical wheelchair that couldn't talk. Both episodes are great. Too bad Hunter died young too.

http://gizmodo.com/5253324/how-big-is-the-new-enterprise-compared-to-galactica

How Big Is the New Enterprise Compared to the Old One?

By Jesus Diaz, 2:00 AM on Thu May 14 2009, 89,053 views

725.35 meters. A whoppumental 2,379.75 feet. That's how big the new super-sized Enterprise is. Here you can see it compared against the Battlestar Galactica, the good old Enterprise, the Blockade Runner, and the ISS.

Click on this image to see the full picture.

When JJ Abrams said that he wanted to put some Star Wars into Star Trek, apparently it also applied to the scale of spaceships (and matching viewscreens.) And while the new Enterprise doesn't even reach half of the 1,600 meters—that's a mile long—of an Imperial Star Destroyer, it's still amazingly big compared to the 288 meters of the old Enterprise. Maybe now you would be able to take down an Star Destroyer with a couple of these.

The battle I would really want to see now, however, is not the old Star Trek vs Star Wars (we already know who would win that one.) No, you know what I want to see.

Yes, Starbuck vs Uhura. In a chocolate pudding pit.

Maybe Galactica vs Enterprise too, but that's a distant second. [Thanks to David B. from Bad Robot Productions]

enterprise-vs-bsg2.jpg

Star Trek IV is dated, V sucks, VI is very good and the first three are good to great (The Motion Picture is a good film as long as it's the Robert Wise director's cut). Wise wanted the film to be cerebral instead of a shoot 'em up, but it was marketed as the latter. Plus, he had a severely limited budget plus meddling hands from the producers.

Star Trek IV is dated, V sucks, VI is very good and the first three are good to great (The Motion Picture is a good film as long as it's the Robert Wise director's cut). Wise wanted the film to be cerebral instead of a shoot 'em up, but it was marketed as the latter. Plus, he had a severely limited budget plus meddling hands from the producers.

what a fuckin' nerd. :P