Jambands.ca

Facebook Weirdos

StoneMtn

Okay, I don't bash Facebook. In fact, I like it and have reconnected with many old friends that way, who have been scattered all over the world.

That said, sometimes people are just weird on there. Today, one of my Facebook "Friends" became "A Fan of Not Being On Fire".

If I can be a fan of that, I can think of no end of things I'm a fan of.

- fan of not drowning

- fan of not getting my tongue stuck in a blender

- fan of not having my stomach rubbed with a cheese-grater

Yeah there's some crazy ones. I became a fan of "Canada" and so did 250,000 other people only to then get spammed to join some fitness fan page by the guy that made it. You can apparently make a fan page for anything and then use it to spread crap to countless people.

I'm a fan of not being on fire. I am also a fan of a bunch of stuff that is pretty silly. Like secretly being convinced that somewhere, somehow...a duck is watching me. I also rather like the group that I joined about knowing someone that should be hit by a bus...I know a few folks I would like to see hit by a bus...I only wish my chances of this happening were greater. I prefer the ridiculous to the serious most daze. I mean...it's facebook...not seriousbook. I also like to quit and re-join frequently...often after reading someones so full of shitselves self blitherings about how really really great they are...barf. Then I remember its just ridiculous, has nice advantages and re join for a stint. Holy moly. Ridiculous.

That said, sometimes people are just weird on there. Today, one of my Facebook "Friends" became "A Fan of Not Being On Fire".

That's not weird, that's hilarious.

But Facebook did fuck up by making everybody's status changes and group joining and quiz taking front and center.

I have yet to join any groups or become a fan of anything. I feel like it's a pandora's box I don't want to open. That being said, I agree with Julia in that I think a duck, somewhere, using some kind of advanced duck technology, may be watching me. I'm nervous...

For the record, I'm unofficially a fan of popping from heights of 20 ft or higher. It's all about hang time...