Jambands.ca

Ignatieff: Just Visiting

ollie

"They are certainly more sophisticated than the ugly jabs they took at Dion last summer."

You think so?

Perhaps 'less unsophisticated', but something has to be sophisticated to begin with to really use the word 'more'...

...at all? I don't think so.

Wasting our time by making us think they're doing something worthwhile? Nothing new from the Conservatives. Wish there was something new from the right. I keep waiting and waiting but nothing.

When it's an ABSOLUTE necessity to fix EVERYTHING (as opposed to this being the time when we have severe infrastructure, health, education, military, agriculture, energy, and industrial woes) I hope there's a guy as collected as Iggy that can deal with it half as well...if Canadians are foolish enough to fall for this weak campaign that is.

To be fair, I'm not talking about spending, but forward-thinking action. 'Spending within our means' is one thing, but doing very little to INCREASE our means is another, and working towards that on all fronts is something that could be done in 3 election terms.

I hope Harper gets down to it and works it out for us. I know that the role of the opposition is to oppose, but I do think that, considering what I've seen/read, Gov't could push ahead together quite a bit more and prove more cocsitently that a change is (or is not) needed.

not that I'm looking to vote in another election, but the more I see stuff like ignatieff.me, the more I don't mind the prospect of another election.

I didn't think you were getting at anything else, ollie, and you're right, d_jango - it's definitely a lot easier to dislike Ignatieff - but on the other foot he sure seems smart and that's way more important than likability to me.

Sometimes Harper seems very likable and appealing on a personal level when he's appealing to the 'chill out dude...let's not get ahead of ourselves' vibe I sometimes want to get from politicians. When I feel he's saying 'we're sticking to our guns to stick to our guns' he seems a lot more smug about it to me...like in the election debates.

It's a fine line. too bad it's between smug and likable. If it were between smart and overgenerous it would seem a bit easier to take...kind of like routinely leaving the change from a $10 on a really fast $8 meal in the busiest restaurant in town to an overworked waiter.

More than I'd need to leave as per protocol...not really that much to spare...even though it adds up again and again.

Ignatieff is a much easier guy to dislike than Dion, that's for sure.

Really think so?

I think Dion's "nerdy" image and poor communication skills were a far easier target for base level attacks that appealed to an unknowing public.

Recent polls seem to indicate Ignatieff is more likeable with the public than Dion.

Hux: what I got from d_jango's comment was that Dion was more PERSONALLY likable, not professionally.

Dion seemed like a much nicer guy to me and I felt like he'd be a way fun next door neighbour.

Iggy would probably try to one up me with a fancy potato salad or bison steaks at a potluck. Meat or secret salad ingredients are cheap shots when they're not from the heart.

I think Dion's "nerdy" image and poor communication skills were a far easier target for base level attacks that appealed to an unknowing public.

Recent polls seem to indicate Ignatieff is more likeable with the public than Dion.

YT read me right - I think that Ignatieff comes across as more capable, and that plays into his favour vis a vis Dion, but I did mean on the gut personal level. Dion is a hard guy to dislike, even if you don't want to vote for him. Ignatieff is a much easier guy to vote for, even if he gives you the creeps.