Jambands.ca

Thank You CTMF!!!

Large Marge

What an incredible weekend of debauchilarious good times :) I am back in my cubicle with no voice, perma-dirty fingernails and scented with eau de campfire. My eyes are half closed but my mouth still can't wipe its Ghost Town smile off.

Thanks to Mark and Rick and all the awesome musicians and vendors and everyone who made it happen (and also to everyone who came for being so happening, despite frigid temperatures). There were tons of new folks out this year, and lots of familiar faces as well. I can’t tell you how awesome it was to be jarred from my mid-day-2 mesmerized stupor by the sound of Miranda’s voice announcing “cheeseburgers†over a megaphone. Instantly I snapped to attention and got back in the game. Another CTMF victory!!!

It was so good to be back at ghost town!!! I didn't realize how much I missed the freak show until I was back in the thick of it! GOOD TIMES!!!

It was sooooo cold, but my FACE was warm for the most part ;)

Glad my cheeseburger announcement brought you back to life, Marge!!! That thing is handy!!!

Great great time as always!!! soo much good music. MY musical highlights were: Gruve in the saloon, Mark Wilson and the way it is, Professor Louie and the Crowmatix(these guys were increadible!!) Tim Turvey and Diesil dog, Mr. Something Something and Envelope 3!!! Prom night was super fun too.... I am kinda sad it's over for another year but there's always labour day!!!!

Professor Louie is a great player and I'm not sure what lineup he had but most of the guys in his band do a lot of session work in the Hudson River Valley area hence the connection to Garth's camp. He also produced Rick Danko's last solo album.

Another incredibly fun time. Lots of awesome music but the one that took it to the next level for me was Envelope 3. Beautiful & Amazing! The flaming phoenix was the best non-musical highlight. :) Thanks again Rick for the awesome time ...and the spare helmut. Thank you Mark Wilson for another ass-slappin' time. Thank you Mr. Tonin for talking me into stretching my weekend. Thank you Ike for sparing my lazy ass from trying to set up my tent with my twisted eyeballs at 4am. :)

What a fantastic weekend ... great music, wonderful people ... I had a blast! I really enjoyed many of the acts that I heard over the course of the weekend, with my absolute highlights being the sets by Professor Louie & The Crowmatix, Mark Wilson & The Way It Is and Diesel Dog on Saturday night, and Envelope 3 (Dave Lauzon) on Sunday night ... so glad I decided to stick around for that! (Thanks mousepad for letting me pressure you into sticking around on Sunday night!)

It was also a treat playing with the Chris Mulligan Band on Satuday afternoon, as it gave us a chance to break out a bunch of new songs that we've been working on.

Once again I feel fortunate to be a part of such an awesome community of music-loving friends.

Peace, Mark