Jambands.ca

Anvil! The Story of Anvil

peipunk

I don't remember anyone talking about this movie yet.....I just watched it.

AWESOME

Great story, great movie, makes me want to get out and do some headbanging.

If you haven't seen it, watch the trailer on their website (which is pretty amusing itself):

www.anvilmetal.com

I saw the film at last year's Toronto's Hot Docs fest and posted an off-the-cuff review that I assume few read: http://www.jambands.ca/sanctuary/showtopic.php?tid/246479/post/522894/hl/Anvil/fromsearch/1/

I love the movie: great story; it's heartbreaking, frustrating and funny.

Anvil recently signed with a big Hollywood agent and are opening in select cities opening for AC/DC. I hope they finally make it.

• 8 months later...

I've met Cut Loose and Mad Dog a few times since seeing the movie. They brought the Trews an autographed DVD (singned by the band AND them) to a show a while back... and said that they loved the song "Gun Control" and would be right up front at the next gig EATING the monitors.

Best line of the movie...

Rob Reiner to a fan in Europe asking why they're not playing for bigger audiences there. "I could answer that in one word... two words (thinks about it) ....three words - we haven't got good management."

Best line of the movie...

Rob Reiner to a fan in Europe asking why they're not playing for bigger audiences there. "I could answer that in one word... two words (thinks about it) ....three words - we haven't got good management."

agreed. that couldn't have been written or even acted funnier. you can see his brain counting and abandoning the count as he says the line.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...