Jambands.ca

TO "PHISH" PEOPLE AT ALPINE VALLEY THIS WEEKENED

wavinginthewind

From milwaukee.craigslist.org

I HAVE LIVED OFF OF COUNTY HWY D NEAR ALPINE VALLEY FOR THE PAST 24 YEARS AND OFTEN FEEL THE RESIDUAL NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF THE CONCERTS. NEVER HAVE I HAD AN INCIDENT SUCH AS THE ONE THAT OCCURRED ON SATURDY NIGHT (JUN. 20) FOLLOWING A "PHISH" MUSICAL. OUR DOG WOKE US AT 1:30 AM MAKING A RUCKUS. WE HAVE A SMALL WARMING HOUSE NEAR THE EDGE OF THE HIGHWAY THAT I BUILT FOR OUR DAUGHTERS (NOW GROWN) TO WAIT FOR THE SCHOOLBUSES IN. THE LIGHT IN IT WAS ON AND SOMEONE WAS INSIDE. I PUT ON CLOTHES AND APPROACHED AND FOUND HIM DEFECATING ON THE FLOOR. HAD HAIR LOOKED LIKE A DOORMAT. EYES WERE BUGGY LIKE I REMEMBER ON MEN IN VIETNAM. I HAD A SHOTGUN AND TOLD HIM HE WAS GOING TO CLEAN UP THE DEFECATE. BUT I AM OLD (71 NOW) AND MADE A MISTAKE, RETURNING TO THE HOUSE TO GET A HOSE AND BUCKET. HE RAN IN THE DIRECTION OF THE INTERSTATE AND I DIDNOT FOLLOW.

MY MESSAGE IS THIS: GET YOUR PEOPLE IN ORDER "PHISH". AND NEVER COME TO ALPINE VALLEY AGAIN. SHAME ON YOU. I AM POSTING ON CRAIGLIST BECAUSE I HAVE USED IT TO SELL TRUCK PARTS AND LAWN FURNTITURE AND DOUBT AN EDITOR'S LETTER IN THE JOURNAL/SENTINEL WILL REACH "PHISH" PEOPLE, WHO MY NEIGHBOR SAYS ARE MOSTLY FROM ILLINOIS OR EASTCOAST. I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR AN APOLOGY FROM THE MAN WHO COMMITTED THIS ACT. HE LEFT BEHIND A WHITE HAT WITH AN ALIEN ON IT. ALSO A GLASS THING. I AM GOING TO THROW THEM AWAY.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

What I find funny was the guy posted this in ALL CAPS. He deserves to be ridiculed, even on caps lock Tuesday!

The wookie defecating in his "warming house" was not funny at all.

Last night I chased down a dog-owner whose dog had just shit on my lawn, and made her clean it up. Nobody was laughing (except maybe the dog).

I emailed him this:

I am honestly shocked and saddened that you had to put up with that crap (literally). I am a responsible Phish fan from Canadas capital and just wanted to tell you that (Thank GOD) we are not all like this moron. There are 1000’s of us out here who would kick his ass to Alpine and back for you if we ever got the chance. They are ruining a beautiful wonderful scene with their antics and poor hygiene (among other things!).

Very sorry for your experience,

And he wrote me back (in all caps!):

SEAN:

THANK YOU FOR THE NOTE FROM UP NORTH. I USED TO HUNT ELK IN MANITOBA AND HAVE FOND MEMORIES. A FEW "GOOD PHISH" PEOPLE HAVE WRITTEN NOW AND I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS MAN MAY HAVE BEEN A ROGUE POOPER. I AM STILL WAITING ON AN APOLOGY FROM HIM. IF YOU SEE HIM IN YOUR PHISH GROUPS PLEASE LET HIM KNOW. MY WIFE (A CHRISTIAN) SAYS NOT TO KICK HIS ASS. BUT I WOULD LIKE THAT MAYBE.