Jambands.ca

Heading off on Slip (+ YMSB) tour!

bradm

I'm heading to Montreal tonight to hook up with jahdawg and his wife, to hit the road tomorrow for:

• The Slip in Northampton, MA on Wednesday, June 24
  • The Slip in Boston on Thursday, June 25
  • The Slip in NYC on Friday, June 26
  • The Slip in Philadelphia on Saturday, June 27
  • Yonder Mountain String Band in Troy, NY on Sunday, June 28

The hotels are booked, the tickets have arrived (or will be at will-call), and jahdawg and I will recording as much of the run as we can. (I can't promise I'll have 'net access while we're away, so if anyone needs to contact me, it might be early next week until I can respond.)

I figure this is the bradm Mini-Tour, Summer 2009, and I think it's also one of the longest road stretches I've done. Pacing will be required. :D

Aloha,

Brad

WOW! That looks like fun...I contemplated going to NYC but bailed. I think guigsy is going still though.

Yeah, I talked to him at GTB, and he said he was heading down to see Dr. Dog in Brooklyn, which I think is the day after The Slip.

Aloha,

Brad

The run's been pretty cool so far, though the set lists are pretty similar night-to-night. In Boston on Thursday, Brad, Andrew, and Marc came on stage each wearing a single white glove, which they raised in a kind of salute; the set also included some teases of "Man In The Mirror" (during "Paper Birds," I think) and a bit of a "Billie Jean" jam.

There's been a lot of "Eisenhower" material ("Paper Birds", "Even Rats",

, etc.), and we've had "Get Me With Fuji" and "Wolof" all three nights so far. There are some new tunes (three or five each night, I think), and they played "Weight Of Solomon" last night. All the shows have been one big set (1:45 on Wednesday, 2:00 on Thursday, 2:15 last night).

Guigsy was there last night, and Serena (of Hiway Freeker fame) has been there all three nights so far.

It's Philly tonight, then Troy on Sunday for YMSB. :)

Aloha,

Brad

Last night's show (World Cafe Live, Philadelphia) was a bit weird. The turnout wasn't that great, and they actually had closed off the mezzanine (which is reserved seating) because they hadn't sold enough tickets. It turned out that we bought the only three mezzanine tickets, so they gave us a discount and let us set up wherever we wanted.

The crowd grew as the night progressed, but didn't approach the feel of either the Boston or NYC shows. Musically, though, The Slip ripped it the fug up. The set list was in line with the other nights, with "Reddish Moon" and "Let There Be Horses" being the main surpises of the night; the "Get Me With Fuji" was the best of the four times they've played it this run, I think.

YMSB tonight!

Aloha,

Brad

hey, longtime no type....

i loved that NYC Bowery show.. i thought they rocked it out pretty hard, and it was the craziest ending to a slip show i've ever seen - almost immediately, a full on michael jackson dance party breaks out on the floor! wicked! couldn't stop till we got enough... ;)

really enjoyed the new tunes and cant wait to see how they grow, as they always do with these guys. and the man in the mirror tease with the crowd singing during the paper birds outro/breakdown was the icing on the cake. great crowd, great energy, all in all, a great night.

dr. dog killed the next night, too, but the curfew was 10:30pm, so it was kinda short. killer, but short. go see them if you can. hang on > my friend was the showstopper for me, and i heard them do a really stripped down The Man In Me during soundcheck that i was hoping they'd bust out during the set... maybe next time.

mr. m, thanks again for the heady hook-up - cant wait to hear the shows....

alright, back to my hole.... :)