Jambands.ca

NHL Draft 2009

badams

The Boston Bruins are in pursuit of Tomas Kaberle and a top 10 pick in today's draft.

Sources tell TSN the Bruins have offered restricted free agent forward Phil Kessel to Toronto in exchange for Leaf defenceman Kaberle and Toronto's No. 7 pick in today's draft.

The Leafs are apparently canvassing the league to see if there are any better offers out there.

Kessel, taken fifth overall by the Bruins in 2006, scored 36 goals and 60 points last season, his third campaign in the NHL. With restricted free agent David Krejci signed to a long-term deal and the team pushed up against next year's salary cap, general manager Peter Chiarelli was rumoured to be shopping the young scorer.

Kaberle completed his 10th season with the Maple Leafs in 2008-09 and has two years left on his contract worth $4.25 million a season. The contract also enables the no-trade clause in his deal to be temporarily lifted with the commencement of the draft tonight.

The Boston Bruins are in pursuit of Tomas Kaberle and a top 10 pick in today's draft.

Sources tell TSN the Bruins have offered restricted free agent forward Phil Kessel to Toronto in exchange for Leaf defenceman Kaberle and Toronto's No. 7 pick in today's draft.

The Leafs are apparently canvassing the league to see if there are any better offers out there.

Kessel, taken fifth overall by the Bruins in 2006, scored 36 goals and 60 points last season, his third campaign in the NHL. With restricted free agent David Krejci signed to a long-term deal and the team pushed up against next year's salary cap, general manager Peter Chiarelli was rumoured to be shopping the young scorer.

Kaberle completed his 10th season with the Maple Leafs in 2008-09 and has two years left on his contract worth $4.25 million a season. The contract also enables the no-trade clause in his deal to be temporarily lifted with the commencement of the draft tonight.

That would be an awesome trade. Except, Kessel is kind of injury prone....but still, he's f'n wicked, too much of an upside.

FYL? FML - I actually remember telling you to make that MPS pick in your farm draft and was high-fiving myself when Edmonton picked him because, yes, I remember which teams are in play in YOUR keeper league.

To add to my loserdom, I paused the PVR when the dog had to go to shit because I didn't want to miss the 23rd pick. Fack, I need another drink.

Were you hoping Ottawa was going to take him? :)

I have to admit seeing the Louis Leblancblueetrouge pick live.

::trademarks nickname::

Seriously though, the NFL draft destroys this shit. I know I say that every year so dont bother but a fact is a fact. The only redeeming thing about wathing this draft was having Burke mic'd tonight.

But yes, definitely FYL Rahmer. Remembering you set me up with Magnus and wanting to see where he went is geekyasfuck. Start scouring now because March is going to be here in no time and I will need to feed my farm again. Hey, who was the Russian you got me to grab last year? I am still getting offers for him. He's at least 1 draft away from the NHL.

Serious question, how is the NFL draft better?

I caught about half of the first round picks last night before heading out and thought it was great. Maybe it's because of the deep draft and I knew about so many of the prospects.

Burke mic'd up was great entertainment but I wonder if he's becoming a bit of a joke. Like the clip where he's talking to Gainey and Bob just blows him off like he's "that guy".

I noticed Ray Ferraro's son didn't go in the first round even though he seemed to get a lot of pre-draft attention. Was he projected to go in the first?

I'm pretty happy with Ottawa's pick.

Not looking forward to Pronger in the East!