Jambands.ca

Phish Halloween Fest

phorbesie

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of how solid info is right now, I wouldn't touch booking a flight until things are official.

Now, the area is a resort area. I'm not sure why you would want to camp there. I didn't see people scrambling for camping at Vegoose, which I consider comparable.

Palm Springs is a small airport. It is only a 2 hours drive from LA.

Now, the area is a resort area. I'm not sure why you would want to camp there.

Really? Aside from the warnings I already posted about camping at the Polo Club, there are plenty of positives.

1. People like to camp - it's the desert, surrounded by mountains, beautiful.

2. Much much much much cheaper than staying at a resort.

3. Don't have to deal with driving / parking in a residential area hosting a major festival

4. Can walk from your 'residence' to the main stage of a festival in under 10 minutes

5. Plenty of social reasons, if you like to meet and mingle with new people

Palm Springs is a small airport. It is only a 2 hours drive from LA.

It's a small airport that planes land at - cheap planes from Buffalo apparently... And you don't have to deal with the I-10. Traffic can increase the 2 hour drive by quite a bit. But it can also be a breeze depending on when you're travelling.

And now, the city of Indio BEGS for Phish...

Indio hotel bookings up following Phish rumor

Hotels in Indio are reporting today that they are sold out for Halloween weekend following rumors that folk band Phish is planning a three-day music festival at one of the city’s polo clubs.

Advertisement

“The customers were the ones who told me they were coming,†said Heather Guthrie, regional manager for the Indio Travelodge.

The 52-room hotel is nearly sold out Oct. 29 through Nov. 2, she said.

“I’ve never heard of them,†Guthrie said. “I love them now because they sold my hotel out!â€

Bookings for the end of October started picking up about two weeks ago at the Best Western Date Tree Hotel in Indio, general manager Aaron Segal said.

“It’s not official yet in terms of 100 percent, but what I’ve heard is the only sticking point is making sure the city of Indio is signed on,†he said. “I don’t know why they wouldn’t be.â€

City officials could not be reached immediately Thursday afternoon because City Hall closed at noon in observance of the July 4 holiday.

Much-needed tax dollars are brought to the valley every spring with the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival and Stagecoach Country Music Festival.

Fans for those festivals crowd into hotels and restaurants in Indio and nearby cities on back-to-back weekends featuring dozens of bands.

This rumored engagement just features one band.

“It’s just Phish, and it’s like a community of people,†Segal said. “They’re just die-hards, like the Grateful Dead.â€

Summer Parkinson, the senior sales manager at Empire Polo Club, said no official contact has been made with that facility regarding a three-day concert in October.

“It’s just an unconfirmed rumor at this point,†she said, declining to comment further.

Calls to neighboring Eldorado Polo Club were not immediately returned Thursday.

Paul Tollett, the promoter of the Coachella and Stagecoach festivals, was expected to meet with Phish’s production manager on Thursday.

The jam band’s Web site says they’re planning a festival called “Save the Date†at either the the Bonnaroo or Coachella festival sites. Phish recently played at Bonnaroo in Tennessee.

“It should be a phenomenal three days for the whole valley,†Segal said of the possibility that Phish would play in Indio at the start of the next high season. “Phish would be a great way to start it off.â€

If the fest really does happen at the Empire Polo Grounds in Indio, thought maybe these pictures would show a bit of the beauty of the site and what to expect, etc...

Campgrounds

DSC05030.jpg

Looking towards concert tents (rear of site, south of main stage)

DSC05037.jpg

In between concert tents looking west towards mountains

DSC05050.jpg

Main stage, looking north

DSC05074.jpg

From the main stage field at dusk looking west

DSC05076.jpg

Main stage again

DSC05099.jpg