Jambands.ca

Happy Anniversary Phish Toronto 7/6/00

Basher

Nine years ago tonight - wow time flies.

7/6/00 - Molson Ampitheatre, Toronto, ON

I: Reba, Dogs Stole Things, Taste, Dog Faced Boy, Heavy Things, Moma Dance, First Tube, I Didn't Know, Inlaw Josie Wales, Prince Caspian > Golgi Apparatus, You Enjoy Myself

II: Limb by Limb, 2001, Bug, Piper, Driver, Harry Hood, Loving Cup

E: Squirming Coil

There was uber need for that YEM.

Not long before that show I played a Phish show for a good friend (I forget the year, but it was a NYE show), who is also an exceptional guitarist. He said he felt like he had just heard Hendrix for the first time and could he borrow the tape. About three months later he brought the tape back and said he was done. Whattya mean, 'done' I says? He says he learned YEM, start to finish. I says, 'show me'. I put on the tape and he played along, note-for-note, the whole thing including the almost four minutes of guitar solo. Watching him sit on the couch playing along was about as exciting as being at a show.

Anyways, a short time later we went to that Toronto show together, his first show, and we were both pretty ecstatic to hear that YEM.

going into that show, all i wanted to hear was phish play dog stole things...

you know when heads ask "what do u want to hear tonight" and i replied "dog stole things" .... i got a lot of blankt stares.

when they started the opening notes, i hit the roof!

moma dance was my favorite version, next to Big Cypress.

I enjoy Phish and I was at that show but come on dudes! The Anniversary of 7/6/00? WTF? was it Woodstock or something? The purpose of an anniversary is really only to pay tribute to things in life that have significant meaning like say... a Grateful Dead concert, birthday, wedding or death.

I enjoy Phish and I was at that show but come on dudes! The Anniversary of 7/6/00? WTF? was it Woodstock or something? The purpose of an anniversary is really only to pay tribute to things in life that have significant meaning like say... a Grateful Dead concert, birthday, wedding or death.

It was the last Canadian Phish show ... and a great one at that.