Jambands.ca

Luther Wright at Elmdale tonight..

gentlemonkey

I'd go to this if my first experience at the Elmdale hadn't been so bad...the security there is just like at Bluesfest; ie. they kick people out! Is it still like that?

Whatever happened to the Three Strikes rule?

By my count the Elmdale still has 2 more strikes. Not only that, but who got kicked out and why is the more important question here.

I'd go to this if my first experience at the Elmdale hadn't been so bad...the security there is just like at Bluesfest; ie. they kick people out! Is it still like that?

hmm- I dunno? I guess they are pretty strict with their rules- being the place used to house prosititutes and derilects.

It's all cleaned up now, so they are pretty on point when people are acting up, or too drunk.. (ahem..)

I think it's a nice place to catch some music and drink some beers. (not draught for me- although they have beau's on tap and I can't resist, and always get super hungover)

The Carleton is where it's at really. No cover ever, 6.50 quarts and a good juke box.

Edited by Guest

Who let Christine on the internet when I wasn't looking?

Anyway, less for the fact of what I was caught doing and more for what I said to the owner after she caught me (not knowing she was the owner), I don't think I should ever go back there.

..aah yeah, she is kinda intimidating, eh Ollie. Apparently the co-owner, her husband Bruce Myles, was on the original 67s and was considered the best fighter in the league. I'm sure the pair could take on the whole bar at any point- which makes them pretty perfect for the job.

Just be good- and they'll be happy to serve you! The staff is really cool, and yes meggo- i love having flush options as well.

Almost forgot to mention the guy I saw get thrown out last night. He was up near the front dancing to The Dead Weather. Now he'd obviously had a few but wasn't stumbling into people and seemed composed when security gave him his first warning. A few minutes later he started dancing again and was given the boot. Brutal.

A friend of mine was refused beer service because his allergies were acting up and his eyes were red.

Kind of sickens me the praise that Mark Monaghan was giving security in a wrap up article I read in the Sun today. Lynn Saxberg wrote a piece in the Citizen last week describing them as being "not heavy handed". It's so frustrating to read stuff like that when it doesn't jive at all with what I witnessed.

Seeing as CosmicChris is your girlfriend.....

Know your audience Ollie.

It was inferred whether you want to admit it or not.