Jambands.ca

10 years ago today....My phav: 7.25.99

Northern Wish

Nearly wrapping up my first real summer tour, forging bonds that would only grow stronger with time and getting "it" inside out and upside down....

Quite simply the best Phish show I have ever seen, that wasn't a NYE, festie or otherwise. Just two sets of raging Phish played out under 109 degree temps of the fabled Deer Creek Ampitheater:

07/25/99 Deer Creek, Noblesville, IN

Set I: Meat, My Friend My Friend> My Left Toe> Whipping Post, Makisupa Policeman, Saw it Again, Boogie On Reggae Woman, Cavern

Set II: Birds of a Feather> Walk Away, Run Like An Antelope, Suzy Greenberg, HYHU> Purple Rain> HYHU, You Enjoy Myself

Encore: Loving Cup

Download or stream here:

http://ghost-electricity.blogspot.com/2009/03/favorite-first-set-phish-72599-deer.html

I cut my teeth in Noblesville and this one confirmed my membership in the Phish world forever,

Sean

ps. Thanks tungsten for the memories: cheap fireworks, the special treat, the sunburns, sticker hilarity and other stuff.

Went on tour that Summer of '99 and skipped 1st night of DC to catch Ween in Toronto instead.

As much as I love Ween, I surely regret missing that 1st night of DC. We made it in time for the tour closer (which had some good jams: Gumbo, DWD, SOAM, Julius) but it surely was leagues away from the previous night's barn-burner.