Jambands.ca

Is Railroad Earth the new Slip?

Schwa.

Don't get me wrong. I love RRE, but can't figure out where all of these fans came from all of a sudden. I've got more people calling, texting, pm'ing and such asking if i'm going to this show and i didn't even know that many people knew who this band were. I caught them at a Hookahville years ago (short set cuz of rain) but they were better in '99 than they were in '08 at Langerado in my opinion. More bluegrass, less rockgrass.

Wish I were going but mid-week shows in Toronto are done for me these days.

Have fun, ya'll!!

I would watch RRE not the Slip.Way better now than even 3 years ago.but we get few Bands in this area that do the Festival circuit in the U.S.so when anyone of them comes around there tends to be hype, these guys are good have seen them twice in a month. Band started in 2001.

Edited by Guest

More bluegrass, less rockgrass.

Agreed.

For me anyway, RRE are sorta like Yonder, I enjoy their music, just not in large doses (eg: entire CDs). If this show was a friday or saturday I'd probally hit it up though, since like Tigger mentioned, we don't get these bands in these parts too often.

I love RRE. I was introduced to them two years or so ago and they've been one of my favorite bands since.

Amen Corner is a great record and is definately worth checking out if you haven't heard it. I have a few of their albums and it is certainly their strongest in my opinion.

If i were there i'd be going for sure.