Jambands.ca

Is Railroad Earth the new Slip?

Schwa.

if attendance at last nights show was an indication of their popularity up here, then I would say they have a ways to climb

True dat, but the fans that were there had come from far and wide to see these guys. Not packed but definitely stompin'. I was truly impressed with the quality... mind you, I'm not yet a hardcore bluegrass fan.

Great show last night - the band are such a delight to watch - they really have a great sense of dynamics and the fiddle player was really something else - his playing reminded me of that of a guitar player - a la - Trey - his lines sing and soar.

The Closer "Canadian Driftwood" was awesome!

Totally reminded me of Burt Neilson band's 10 Year Anniversary!

Thanks to so many who came out - it's great to see that this little known band found a really energetic audience on their first time through town.

looks like the Jam scene may be on the rebound in Toronto w/ Mike Gordon, moe., Wassabi Collective coming and I'm sure much more coming up.

-Jay

I found a RRE sampler on the lot at Moe.down a bunch of years ago and last week was my first chance to see them. I thought there was going to be some kind of hype discussion sometime, and I don't see the Slip parallel, but I do see the Slip Jab...

...and I'm surprised to see Schwa back down from a joke without a bunch of jabs along the way.

Anyway, if I were to follow a stringed band around for a few weeks I wouldn't hesitate to see a bunch of RRE. There might be 'better' acts around, and 'headier' vibes at some of the shows, but they're definitely impressive and a very feel good band.

I just hope we don't get burnt out of these guys with too much love. After all,

looks like the Jam scene may be on the rebound in Toronto w/ Mike Gordon, moe., Wassabi Collective coming and I'm sure much more coming up.

-Jay

Officially jinxed?