Jambands.ca

Title change for Burnsy (Favre content)

Schwa.

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Brett Favre looks ready to unretire again.

The 39-year-old quarterback arrived at the Minnesota Vikings training camp Tuesday to meet with coach Brad Childress and others amid speculation he will return to the NFL.

Childress even picked Favre up at the St. Paul airport in his SUV and drove him to Eden Prairie, where fans cheered as the pair arrived and a news helicopter circled overhead.

Childress confirmed the meeting in an e-mail to The Associated Press and asked if the plan was to sign Favre, he replied: "In a perfect world."

Favre's agent, Bus Cook, e-mailed the AP: "No deal in place yet."

ESPN is reporting that a source close to the quarterback says Favre will sign a deal worth between $10 million to $12 million, if he can pass a physical.

The meeting comes just three weeks after Childress said Favre told him he would stay retired.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw two kids at Vikings practice last night (on TV) wearing #4 Favre jerseys....

I wonder how much money the Favre signing brings to the team in terms of ad revenue, national exposure in Prime Time, additional tickets sold, and of course merchandising.

Do you think they make the $12 mill back? I sure think they would....

Been watchin this develope all afternoon on the nfl network... watchin the private jet land from Mississippi where they picked Favre up, the escalade ride into training camp where approx 200 Vikings fans were being held back by 1 cop.... to his onfield workout just a while ago.

Had a feeling this was gonna happen eventually after all the talk earlier this summer about him buying a house in Minnesota. CAnt wait to see how they treat him week 8 when he gets to Lambeau in Viking Purple. Should get ugly.

Edited by Guest

I kind of like the bullshit drama this is creating and I can't wait for the Packers vs Vikings games.

Shit, if they can limit Brett's throwing, have Peterson stay healthy, let that defence do their job and crush people inside the dome.....this might actually work out for them.

• 11 months later...

Folks are talking about an impending news story about an affair?

Not saying much, but the receiver in the affair appears to be somewhat famous.

As a Vikings fan, I dunno what to think. Come back old man, or we're screwed with Tavari-whatever. Or, just piss off. I'm not used to having high expectations heading into an NFL season anyway.

I'm more annoyed by the whiney broadcasters that complain about having to talk about Favre's retirement once again. Don't blame Favre, blame your producer. It really is possible to ignore this story if you want.

I hope Favre comes back. I am loving his "middle finger to everybody" second act.

Vinny Testaverde's not that old really.

Oh ollie, if you only knew how that would cripple me?

:content:

Vinny is my absolute most-hated NFLer, ever. Jets, Bucs, whatever, that guy fvcked me on every Pro-Line bet that had to do with him.

Id bet him to win he'd lose. Id bet him to lose he'd be the second coming of Sammy Baugh.

If Vinny ever came to the Vikes, I would have to go there, to personally kill him myself.

(btw, real nice to meet you and Christine in Montreal. And, other than Airbourne and Rob Zombie, the Sunday lineup was utter crap.)

(btw, real nice to meet you and Christine in Montreal. And, other than Airbourne and Rob Zombie, the Sunday lineup was utter crap.)

Yeah, that worked out well, nice meeting youse too! I hope you enjoyed the rest of the Saturday bands. My avatar is our "end of the night" picture with a bunch of randoms.

Saturday was a beast (except Megadeth still aren't my cuppa tea). Nobody surpassed High on Fire, or even came close IMO, and Slayer sounded a lot better the following Thursday in Toronto, but all in all Staurday was great. Plus, Toronto Slayer got me my first "Aggressive Perfector" in 17 shows! Couldn't ask for more. Even Megadeth were (marginally) better in Toronto.

Korn are just awful, though.

:content: