Jambands.ca

Booche

I thought it was cool but it wasn't a huge moment for me by any stretch. The various doping and steroid scandals of the last 10-20 years have kind of ruined my enjoyment of track (and a bunch of other sports, cycling comes to mind). Maybe it's not even sports in general, just records that are ruined for me (ie Barry Bonds). I can still enjoy football and if everyones juiced I don't care.

If he did it clean good for him, no, acutally fucking unbelievably great for him and the sport, I'm just toooooo jaded. Creation will always be a few steps ahead of testing, that's just how it works.

I always thought it would be highly interesting if various labs and genetic manipulators just went all out and pushed the human body to it's limits ...... except for the fact it's probably evil and the morally bankrupt.

I always thought it would be highly interesting if various labs and genetic manipulators just went all out and pushed the human body to it's limits .....

You would fit right in with the WWII Nazi scientists! (Forgive me I just reread The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich and its fresh in mind).

Usain Bolt is the shit! I think he's clean and amazing. He actually pushed himself for that record.

Last Sunday was by far the best day of sports this entire summer. Cudos to the CBC for cutting away from regularly scheduled programming to bring us the 100 metre race live.

Oh yeah: Fuck Tiger.

you really need the IMO next to your posts Jaimoe. you're starting to get into BasherGuarantee territory. I would have personally rather watched Patrick Kane punch a cab driver than some dude run for 9.58 seconds.

Last Sunday was by far the best day of sports this entire summer. Cudos to the CBC for cutting away from regularly scheduled programming to bring us the 100 metre race live.

Oh yeah: Fuck Tiger.

you really need the IMO next to your posts Jaimoe. you're starting to get into BasherGuarantee territory.

I mostly always mean IMO, but seeing Tiger blow a lead - in a Major no-less - and Bolt shattering his own world record, all on the same day, is tough to beat. Here's hoping Halladay pitches a no-hitter tonight.

except for the fact it's probably evil and the morally bankrupt.

Probably? I was just making a feeble attempt at humor anyway.

Here's why it's probably.

If someone is informed of the risks they are taking and willingly partakes in a deliberate enhancement/steroid program (which by the way is happening constantly) is it evil? Do you think it is?(Just in case you didn't know' date=' steroids are legal to possess in the UK and Greece for example, you just can't participate in regulated sports activities (in theory))

If so, would taking certain recreational drugs that are potentially harmful while being perfectly aware of the harm they may cause however minor it might be evil? I'm just saying I wonder what limits the human body would be hitting if the operations weren't so clandestine.

The Nazi's were hardly informing "participants" (used very loosely in most cases) of the consequences and not all "participants" were willing thus the Nazi's were pretty damn evil (one of about a 1000 reasons)

Was the East German Olympic steroid campaign evil? I'm leaning towards yes because though the athletes may have been willing in some cases no one was probably informed of the actual consequences (besides winning golds and getting the glory - quite the carrot when living in the Eastern Block).

I still think the whole thing is probably evil because there's a certain type of human that will risk everything including their life span for some goal that they view as worthy in the present but they might not 10 years down the road when they may have cancer or some other ailment, thusly this particular Eden-esque apple shouldn't be available IMO <-that's for Schwa.

There's no doubting the moral bankruptcy of all of it, in every regard.

I base my opinion on OPTIMISM that not everybody who is good cheats.

He’s alone, on top of the human creation, that’s not good, that’s godly. I have my doubts, the sport deserves nothing better IMO (again, for Schwa).

(and yeah, my boss is on vacation so I'm killing time but really this is a topic I love).

I am the world's worst debater so I will just conceed your points, although we could probably bandy about definitions of the word "evil" in furthur discourse....but like I said I would rather just bow out red faced that my bad joke got over analyzed.

is that quote Samuel Johnson

I actually don't know where that quote came from but I would like to know.

The boss is on vacation and the Sloth has tissues and some Jergens lotion in his top drawer.......here you go buddy:

BOY1_585x435_603330a.jpg

fap485.jpg

Nazi's testing on people against their will = Evil

Athletes using drugs to perform better = $ Greedy $

As usual, I agree with Badams.

I am the world's worst debater so I will just conceed your points, although we could probably bandy about definitions of the word "evil" in furthur discourse....but like I said I would rather just bow out red faced that my bad joke got over analyzed.

Nothing to be red faced about, Godwin'ing is an internet standard. Like I said, I've always thought steroids/genetics/sports/human limits to be an intersting topic and things are slow around here.

I actually don't know where that quote came from but I would like to know.

"It is better to suffer wrong than to do it, and happier to be sometimes cheated than not to trust."

This is the similar in theme Samuel Johnson quote I was thinking of so it wasn't him (and I think he was refering to business and romance in that line, not some Jamaican Juice Junky ;) )