Jambands.ca

Booche

I find this an interesting topic myself and I guess we could debate the ethics involved all day.

To be honest there are times I think the government and sports governing bodies should just say fuck it and let people do what they want. Let them roid up and see what man/woman can do. At least there would be no questioning. Use the money saved on testing to feed the poor or bomb Iran... whatever :)

The fact is that doping has been around for decades and is getting more and more advanced. Eventually the testing catches up but we all know that huge numbers of doping athletes go through their career never testing positive. For every Ben Johnson caught in a test there is a Barry Bonds who has never actually tested positive (that we know of - though I bet he is on that somewhat secret list baseball has).

Athletes 50 years ago did not have access to supplements, medicine etc that the atheltes of today do. So could they be considered cheating? I guess not since it's considered normal progress in human medical advancement.

So do we consider it cheating only when the substance can cause damage down the road? That makes sense in some ways. However if a person is willing to take the chance can we really say no? If so why do we allow smoking and drinking as a society? We all know how many health problems these habits cause.

So what is cheating in sports?

I guess it's the rules the sporting bodeis make. So in effect they could just turn a blind eye and let what happens happen.

I would LOVE all of our athletes to be clean and show what the human body can naturally do but I am jaded with so many people testing positive.

Is Bolt clean? I have no fucking idea! However the man just ran a 9.58 100m shattering the record and running like no man has ever before. It was amazing. I will believe it was clean unless something proves it's not. Even if he is on something, he still ran it. If he is caught, I will then look forward to the next advancement in roids to see how much faster the next guy can run. That's sad in many ways but the only other option is to quit watching any sports and quit enjoying. Because my friends the drug users are in EVERY sport out there...

don't let the NHL try to convince you otherwise ;)

I find this an interesting topic myself and I guess we could debate the ethics involved all day.

Fingers crossed.

Seriously though, well put. Ulitmately I see your point and I guess it would be unfair to say Bolt juiced and maybe I should pull the jadedness back a little and appreciate it. You're right, he ran it and it's the high water mark for speed. (still there's just been way toooo much of it and the rewards are soooooo high I just can't let my doubt go).

I also come here simply to PM schwa. Check it, yo:

Star sprinter Usain Bolt has broken another world record.

The Jamaican won gold in the men's 200 metres at the world track and field championships today in a world-record time of 19.19 seconds.

Exactly one year after taking gold at the Beijing Games with a record of 19.30, Bolt had an even greater run in Berlin.

Like the record in the 100 on Sunday, he shaved .11 seconds off his previous mark.

Jamaican Juice Junky

Davey Boy broke the first rule of Rich Stadium. ;)

Seriously' date=' we managed to deal with AlphaNerd sticking his head in here in a calm, cool and collected fashion but let's not draw attention to ourselves.

[/quote']

Bah, I wiped the DNA and fingerprints off before I shouted it.

That said, Crystal may or may not have seen me posting in the "Who Needs a Reason" thread. Good thing I've got some stuff on her already.

http://nekkidCatPhish.ca

He couldn't handle driving his M3 without flipping it. (Although it is super-fast)

usain-bolt-survives-car-crash-with-light-injuries-6315_1.jpg

Hope the (ugly) Ferrari fares better. There are so many nice ones. He should wait until the 458 is released... Sweetest looking car ever?

ferrari-458-italia---18_800x0w.jpg