Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Some Habs have already begun their on-ice workouts in Brossard according to RDS, most notably guys who will be heavily scrutinized this year: Laraque, Gomez, Gill, and Plekanec.

So close...

Guest Low Roller

Plenty of talk (not just Eklund) about Lang getting a tryout with the Habs at training camp next week but so far nothing has been announced. The number 20 is still available though...

And related factoid, from a conversation I had with Mr. BigTime over the week-end, I looked it up and the only jersey numbers that are available in the first 30 are #8, #11, #20 (Lang?), #27, and #30 itself.

I will be shocked if Lang makes the Habs, let alone tries out for them, not that I would complain loudly but that dude had a serious injury for a 38 year old who wasnt the best skater. Ask Dinghy. He suffered the same one.

Anyways, I really hope he can make a comeback but NOT at the expense of younger players who desperately need icetime in order to progress. Let's be honest, it's not like the Habs are going to win the Cup next year as much as I am hoping they do.

A tryout for Dandy?

Well there's another reason to add to the million other ones why I am not a GM in the NHL.

Seriously, no one wants to sign a great skater who can play on your 3rd or 4th line AND line up as a defenceman when injuries start to mount?

The cap is obviously a killer to older vets.

Guest Low Roller

Here we go! Training camp starts tomorrow! Let's see what this fucking team is going to be all about this year.

Here's the roster for training camp as posted by the HabsI/O guys:

Roster1.jpg

Roster2.jpg

Only one guy out of the group is here on a tryout, and that's Quebec-born Phillipe Lefebvre, so naturally the french media are gushing all over him. Sadly none of our NCAA prospects can participate in training camp, which is a shame because I think that it would benefit them and the organization so much.

Guest Low Roller

Interesting stat that came up after Pierre Boivin blasted the french media at the annual golf tournament for continuously accusing the team of ignoring French-Canadian players. Boivin told the media "I'm sick of this issue. Do your homework and you'll see that the Canadiens is the organization that has drafted the most Quebec-born players since 2000".

RDS then did their homework, and the stats were something like 18 players drafted by the Habs since 2000 were French-Canadian, indeed a top in the league, and second place team was the Flyers with 16. Also last year the Habs had 8 French-Canadian players, another top in the league.

So did the French media eat crow and back off the issue? Of course not. That fat fuck Rejean Tremblay went off on another rant against the organization, accusing it of abandoning the rural Quebec fans of the team out in the sticks of the province like Abitibi or Roberval under the Gillett era. If it's not one thing, it's another.

Completely different style of mask too...At first glance, looks blah... with the "100th" symbol on the chin, which means he wears it this year, and then never again... the mask could be for Dec 4th game only...

Funny he's going back to the red gear which he briefly wore for the all star game last year, during his fuckinworst stretch ever...