Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on guys. Halak is starting. Where would they be without him this season?

Two things were painfully obvious. Halak has become the face of the Habs yet they still don't seem strong enough to make any noise in the playoffs despite his heroics. Regardless, it was a hell of a game. It will certainly be an interesting summer for Gauthier and company. His next few moves may well define the franchise for the next five years. Gainey's legacy may well hang in the balance.

Soooooooo true. Tough spot for a new GM but it must be exhilarating if you are him. Hero or goat.

The organization still LOVES Price.

Halak deserves to start but he needs a good showing in the playoffs for the Habs to choose him over Carey if and when they need to make that decision.

Habs fans just have to hope the organization makes the right choice and keeps the best goalie of the two. Price was anointed the savior but Halak has been doing the better JC imitation this season.

Guest Low Roller

Why is EVERYONE assuming that one of the two is gone?

What's wrong with re-signing both goalies given that neither will be commanding a massive salary next year?

As RFAs neither really has too much of an option.

So it would be wise of Montreal's management to basically force one of them to sign and have him be the back up?

I can really see how that would inspire the player and team as a whole. They already have enough problems in that dressing room. Having a disgruntled goalie sitting on the bench is not going to help any.

Both of these guys want to start and both of them think they are starters. The Habs will need to choose and and let the other go.

I think it would be great to have them both but they are young and want to be the guy. It's not like they are backing up a Brodeur or Luongo. They both can feel they are better than the other guy. Price thinks this because he has been groomed this way and the organization loves him. Halak thinks this way because he shows it on the ice.

If MTL needs to find money because they want to sign Pleks and they dont find a willing partner for Hammer's contract, I can guarantee you one of the goalies will be gone.

Either Mike had man hormones spiked into his gormet dinner, or Booche has hijacked his computer.

Look who's talking "man hormones".

I laughed!

Back to Halak/Price, its entirely possible they can retain both for at least one year. I dont know if they will though. Losing one for nothing would be a dumb decision but this is all going to come down to how much of a raise Halak is going to get. If they make the playoffs and he somehow gets them through 2 rounds, his salary spikes.

They already have enough problems in that dressing room.

I love when people pull this shit out of their assholes.

What dressing room issues are you reading about on the internets? And dont dare bring up Markov calling out Price because you know shit like that happens on every team, every year.

In my view this has been a quiet year for locker room 'controversy' concerning Les Brahs.

Edited by Guest
had to be more specific