Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Just caught a minute of the Boston/Carolina game. Boston scored THREE SHORTHANDED GOALS on the same penalty kill against the Hurricanes, the same team that COCKHAMMERED the Habs a couple of nights ago.

I think the fact that Jaro has not looked good the past few games is of concern for Les Brahs heading into the playoffs. He has let in some very soft goals and on a more frequent basis than any point this season. Is he wearing down? It's possible because they look like 'mental' goals to me. That was a sadly weak backhand he let in tonight.

The flipside is that Carey will be pretty fucking hungry should he be called upon.

I love how teams get points for losing in the new NHL

sarcasm

Yes, because it was soooooo much better the old way when teams passed the puck between the two blue lines late in games and in overtime so they wouldnt risk losing a point.

/end sarcasm

And before any of you think you are too smart for school, this isnt my bias talking based on last nights result. I was ok with the Habs losing and possibly missing out on the playoffs today thanks to a 3 point game between Philly and the Rags.

There's something hilariously poetic about the Habs losing to the Leafs to get in the playoffs.

Poetic? I think more ironic ;)

At least the game meant something and there was something on the line. Gotta hate it when final games of the season are meaningless.

Good luck Habs ... it's gonna be a tough playoffs. Halak had better start looking more solid under pressure than he did last night (back to his shutout style).

Habs clinch playoff berth despite OT loss to Toronto

Seldom has the end of regulation in a tie game met with a standing ovation.

But the sellout crowd of 21,273 at the Bell Centre stood and roared as the siren ending the regulation 60 minutes went off, ensuring that the Montreal Canadiens and Toronto Maple Leafs would go overtime tied 3-3 -- because the point was enough to assure the Canadiens of their third consecutive playoff berth.

Dion Phaneuf's goal 2:06 into OT gave the Leafs a season-ending 4-3 victory, but few in the crowd seemed to mind.

"Who cares?" Montreal forward Michael Cammalleri said. "Now we're getting ready for the playoffs."

The single point gave the Canadiens 88 -- one more than the loser of the Philadelphia Flyers' game against the New York Rangers will finish with after the two teams play Sunday for the last playoff berth in the Eastern Conference.

The 88 points is the lowest by a team to make the playoffs since the shootout was adopted to settle tied games in 2005.

Edited by Guest

Sorry for the cheap chopjob in Photoshop. Time is short, but the story has to be said.

Fuck your 'backing into the the playoffs' bullshit and that goes for anybody else who thinks the same thing. A week ago they posted back to back shutouts, one of them including complete domination of the Sabres. Last year was a prime example of backing into the playoffs. This is a simple another case of their year long battle with inconsistency. World beaters one night, AHL losers the next.

Guest Low Roller

Bah. An expected response from you. Did you see the Devils smother the Islanders 7-1 in a completely irrelevant game last night? That's a team that is in full playoff mode crushing a team that was eliminated. It's also quite possibly the team that the Habs will face in the first round.

A team headed into the playoffs has to play like a playoff team. Rather than have a confident team going in, the Habs have a psychologically fragile team that is riding a losing streak into the playoffs.

Bright spots: The 3rd and 4th lines are gangbuster. Sorry Sergei, but youz on the out looking in. The same goes for O'Byrne because JM likes MAB a lot more than you. First line played great last night. Cammalleri is STARVING for a goal.

I can't wait for the playoffs!

You know what? You're the absolute WORST kind of Habs fan. You also pissed and moaned all over Team Canada during the opening round and what did they end up doing?

The Habs dominated 3/4's of that game last night, hit 4 posts, saw some players take huge leaps forward compared to their recent play and what are you doing?

Pissing and moaning.

Did you really expect a 7-1 victory?

Your posts in this thread continue to show the world who you really are. Dont even bother watching the playoffs because you have them out in 4 straight anyways. Recall what I used to say about your father regarding his opinion about Koivu and apply it to yourself.

All the Habs need is one fuckin' point.

They got their point and you still ended up pissing and moaning but guess what? Philly and the Rangers are about to go to a shootout. Had MTL not earned that crucial point, you would have actually had something to bitch about.

I love how you got called out for being a moron and yet you pretend your opinions were part of some kind of 'plan'. Weaksauce.

The Habs ended up where most expected, fighting for a playoff spot. All things considered (massive injuries, rollover of the roster, new coaches, a GM who quit) I think they did pretty pretty pretty pretty good. I give them a standing ovation for their efforts.

I agree with Booche. The Habs were always going to be a team this year that had to fight for the 5th through 8th spot. Thankfully they got there (barely) but non the less they are there.

Now on to round one. Of course my head tells me that the Caps are going to win this series in 5.

However...

My Hab Heart and Montreals 2-1-1 record against the Caps this season says...

HABS IN 7!!! ;)