Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

The Bulldogs fly off to Scotland today for training camp. I'm surprised to hear that Subban was part of the first round cuts.

10 D-men left... so take your pick for a 7th out of the following: O'Byrne, Weber, Carle, or Henry (inj). With Hamrlik and Mara injured, we may be keeping these guys for a while.

18 forwards left... So pick your cuts from these likeliest candidates:

C: Chipchura (inj), Maxwell, Pyatt, Fortier (inj)

W: Stewart, Max Pac, D'Agostini, Sergei K

I'm surprised to hear that Subban was part of the first round cuts.

First round of cuts does NOT equal worst players on the ice. It just means they know where they want him to play this year, and there are other guys they want a longer look at before deciding where they want them to start the year.

Guest Low Roller

I don't know, I just expected him to be one of the final cuts. Give him as much time as you can in training camp before sending him down.

It was really a passing statement rather than a claim of outrage. Chillax bros.

Guest Low Roller

Watched my first preseason game tonight. Halak was real solid in nets, O'Byrne finished all his checks, Gomez was real quick and was amazing at forecheck, and Pyatt is playing his way into regular fourth line duty.

Sergei Kostitsyn was rather inconsistent despite scoring the only goal for his team, and his older brother was content with just giving the puck to Gomez. Plekanec seemed motivated all game, but just wasn't getting any lucky bounces going his way. Whatever gypsy he pissed off he better go find her and apologize so that she lifts the curse she put on him.

Is Moen even playing?

Carle or Webber? Carle was consistent and didn't draw any attention to himself despite getting solid ice time, and Webber was dodgy defensively coughing up the puck a couple of times, yet he has that killer slapshot.

Gill was solid but slow, and easily outplayed.

Cammalleri got hurt in the first period and didn't come back to the game.

Steve Begin, sitting out the game, showed up in the RDS announce booth during the game, and the announcers proceeded to blow him for ten minutes ignoring the game completely. It was actually quite embarrassing.

No Markov, Gionta, Hamrlik, Mara, Lapierre,

Overall I enjoyed the spirited performance, however it's far from full squads out there. If our top players stay healthy I think that we'll be ok.

Guest Low Roller

They're playing in Scotland right now. I don't get any televised coverage of those games here. But wait until the season starts, I will definitely be voted off of the island. >:)