Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

So is PK here to stay? With MA Bergeron reduced to only PP time and Spacek still out with his "virus", Subban is proving to be a pretty steady 6th defenceman. He even had that nice shot on Varlamov yesterday that the goalie has trouble with.

Will we see Darche and Lil' Tits back at any point in the playoffs? Metro is playing MINIMAL minutes, but I'm guessing that's because he is still injured.

Guest Low Roller

Anybody wondering what happened to Paul Mara? Did he get Laraque'd? I know that he ended up having season ending surgery, but you'd at least think he would be hanging around or something...

Congratulations to Montreal

We lost. But Montreal won. They deserve respect and congratulations for a well played series.

They played committed hockey, they sacrificed, and they out worked us. I have never seen better D and more blocked shots in a playoff series. I think they blocked as many shots as we took last night. Another stat I had never seen before.

Their goal tending ended up being better than our goal tending.

They played a defensive scheme that was very frustrating. They used their match ups deftly. They were more patient than us. They were more committed to their scheme. Be patient– trap– transition to offense off of turn over’s score on power plays. Play low scoring games. We scored 3 goals in the last 3 games on more than 130 plus shots. That is just not going to get it done.

They took advantage of breaks and they scored on their power play opportunities. We didn’t.

They played committed team defense. They took our stars out of play all series. I believe our hockey IQ seemed low this series and we didn’t adjust well on the ice to the new schemes coming our way.

Live by the O and die by the O. We were horrid on the special teams. When you score more goals shorthanded than with a man advantage in a 7 game series how can you expect to win? To me this was the biggest surprise and disappointment. We just couldn’t score on the man or two man advantage thus we didn’t deserve to win. And our second line didn’t contribute to us the way they did during the regular season.

We had a goal scored called back. We weren’t mentally tough enough to overcome that and capitalize right away on the momentum that a visual of a goal in the net provided us.

Montreal deserved the victory last night. They beat us three games out of four at home in front of our rabid fans.

Congratulations to the Montreal franchise. They move on and we stay home and answer questions and do some serious soul searching. But the better team won fair and square.

Well said TedLeonsis. That was spot on.

Now, as for the second-coming of Hal Gill? Well, I admit, he did a fantastic job at blocking shots and helping to neutralize Ovechkin, do you think he has what it takes to do the same with Crosby and Malkin? Just wonderin'.

After seeing how Crosby could dance around and back and forth with Spezza playing catchup, i just can't see Gill doing the same. They kept the Caps to the outside for most of the game and so many of those shots were from the perimeter. I think you'll see the Pens getting penetrating and getting in the slot (ooooh that sounds sexy ;) ) much more than the Caps were able to.

I think this is going to be an interesting matchup. Halak has got to keep that momentum going and I think it's very much in his favour since they really aren't getting a break to cool off. The rest of the team is going to make the difference.

I was really impressed by what I saw from Cammalleri. He seems to have that intensity and drive that just never lets up. Think he could be in line for a captaincy?

The Habs have made CBC super happy. I was taking with Scott Moore on the elevator this morning and he couldn't have been more pleased. The ratings on Saturday should be through the roof.

Nice 'Kanada Kev when Anaheim won the cup' style celebration, after the first round, Roller. Just to keep things in perspective, the President's Trophy winner has been knocked out in the first round 3 out of the last 5 years.

Hal Gill's intimate knowledge of Crosby and Malkin cant hurt but I hear you Kev. Crosby is playing the best hockey out there right now. He is going to be very hard to stop. I also agree with your analysis. I cant see them hanging around the perimeter. They'll get quality second and third chances but as DaveO pointed out, Washington played as individuals. Pittsburgh does not.

I dont know how things are working as a group amongst the players but my vote for captaincy would be for Cammalleri, simply because he is an awesome quote and seems to enjoy being interviewed. He also works hard on the ice but I got nothing else to go on.

Hal Gill's intimate knowledge of Crosby and Malkin cant hurt but I hear you Kev.

Ah yes, that's true. While i don't know how 'intimate' their relationships got :surprise: I'm sure he picked up a few of their tricks being a part of that team for their championship year.

I also agree with your analysis.

Dude, watch it. You could be tarnishing your reputation by agreeing with a Sloth declared retard!

:drinks:

Guest Low Roller
Nice 'Kanada Kev when Anaheim won the cup' style celebration, after the first round, Roller. Just to keep things in perspective, the President's Trophy winner has been knocked out in the first round 3 out of the last 5 years.

After two decades of playoff impotence, a first round comeback win tastes extremely tasty. :chug: