Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller
I remember my Dad swearing up a storm in Polish that the Habs have useless players.

He was probably swearing about having a useless son.

Ironically that's part of his speech at my wedding.

I hope your dad just rants about the Habs and doesnt even mention the wedding.

"La maudit Koivu, hasti........"

Just for you Roller because I know you will get some entertainment out of this:

Getting back to Fischer, the Habs have been fucking horrible at drafting in the first round in the 2000's. No wonder they cleaned house of their scouts. Have any emerged as a front line talent?

Komisarek has been the best. Granted, gotta give at least a couple of more years for a few of them (I am looking directly at you Carey Price) but that is pathetic. Fucking pathetic. I know I am a believer in the entire 'the draft is a crapshoot' mentality but come on!

Yep. Always have been a goalie freak. How else would I remember such luminary Habs goalies as Vincent Riendeau, Olivier Michaud, JC Bergeron, or Richard Sevigny?

A quick search on the Internet and you can find pretty much anything you need :)

Guest Low Roller

Bye bye Boucher (for now). Guy Boucher has accepted a job as head coach with the Lightning according to several sources.

Guest Low Roller

Bye bye Perry Pearn? Apparently Jacques Martin's right hand man has accepted a job to coach in the Juniors.

Bye bye Kirk Muller? Apprently he's been offered the job to coach the Bulldogs if he can't find a head coach job in the NHL first.

Mmm... Constructive as always Booche.

Yep. Always have been a goalie freak. How else would I remember such luminary Habs goalies as Vincent Riendeau, Olivier Michaud, JC Bergeron, or Richard Sevigny?

I remember when Riendeau got his first start as a Hab. I was driving with my family to the cottage and we were listening to the game on AM radio on Radio-Canada. The poor bastard got red-lit and I remember my Dad swearing up a storm in Polish that the Habs have useless players.

Must have been a helluva late night trip to the cottage, in the fall, on a Wednesday, while school was going on... But who am I to say you just made that up...

You made that up...

Vincent Riendeau played all of one game for the Habs, in Calgary (10:00pm EST start on a wednesday), and was pulled after 36 minutes and allowing 5 goals...

AND... he was traded to St Louis in a deal which brought back their 2nd round pick, which = Patrice Brisebois!

:P

Guest Low Roller

Fine. I can't argue your internet fact checking with my scattershot brain right now.

Then who was it Mr. Holmes?? I remember Jose Charbonneau and Gilles Thibodeau being on the team as well.

Fine. I can't argue your internet fact checking with my scattershot brain right now.

Then who was it Mr. Holmes?? I remember Jose Charbonneau and Gilles Thibodeau being on the team as well.

You're probably remembering Red light Racicot being just that...but who am I to put logic to your illusions...

I did have to change my computer clock to 1987 to check it out though :P

Guest Low Roller

Here's a frightening "What if":

December 15, 2009 // 12:55pm ET

Gainey clears the air about Halak

To clarify the rumors floating around Montreal and Philadelphia surrounding a possible trade involving the Habs and Flyers, Canadiens GM Bob Gainey decided to set the record straight.

Gainey, who rarely discusses trade scenarios or touches on rumors, told RueFrontenac.com, a French media website, that he initiated contact with Flyers GM Paul Holmgren.

"All I can tell you is that I called the Flyers, not the other way around," Gainey said.

"I said to them that could move a goalie."

Gainey indicated the Flyers showed little interest and the "discussion was brief. We did not get into details."

It has been widely reported and speculated that the Habs and Flyers were discussing a trade involving goalie Jaroslav Halak.

When asked if the Canadiens were asking for a top-six forward from the Flyers for Halak, Gainey suggested that wasn't a "realistic" option.

Gainey confirmed that he has offered Halak to other teams, and he feels the young netminder deserves a shot at being a No.1 goalie on another club.