Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

Guest Low Roller

Judging from the fact that not once did the Habs organization contact Halak or his agent after the playoffs, the plan all along must have been to stick with Price.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahha, check this out Ollie. Gawain is facking PISSED at the trade. He's losing it on his Facebook page.

"The Habs keep the that bag of shit Price and trade Halak. Unbelievable. Time to boycott all Molson products and find Gauthier/Gainey and hang them for treason or least burn their homes to the ground."

"Somewhere Bob Gainey feels vindicated. His little Princess Price now becomes the number one. You thought this kind of stuff only happened in Atom hockey. Guess not. "

"The GM Gauthier had a phone press conference. PHONE Press conference. That's how bad it is. You trade your star and hero to 8 million locals and you're too worried about being killed right there and then, that you call it in."

Guest Low Roller
Muller was offered a spot in New Jersey. He asked the Habs to let him go and they refused. I don't think he will be around the year after next.

I find that hard to believe given that they previously said that they wouldn't get in the way of someone's career advancement (i.e. Guy Boucher).

Then again, they pretty much strongarmed Perry Pearn in staying, so who knows what's going on.

Roll Call - Not celebrating today?

Me and anybody else that owns Carey Price in a keeper league. More than anything, he needed a fresh start in a market where he wouldn't be under such intense pressure. To answer Booche's question about how much patience the fans will have for him? Maybe the first period of Game 1.

Guest Low Roller
Hmmmm, go with the guy who is friends with the Muller family or go with the guy who had this to say about both Hab goalies back in April:
Why is EVERYONE assuming that one of the two is gone?

Tough call. Tough, tough call.

Archive'd.

Buncha whiners!!!

Halak has 2 half seasons played for Montreal, and yet people are referring to him as the team MVP...

Andrew Raycroft also had 2 good half seasons, and look at what happened there.

The habs would have had to open up the wallet big time for Halak based on high stock value right now.

The PRICE is right in Montreal, and he is only 22. Basically the same age as PK Subban, and everyone has patience for him. Price has excelled at every level he has played, and will someday dominate in the NHL. His stock is lower than Halak's right now, and when a bluechip stock is low, you buy in!!

Getting a first and 3rd round draft pick in return is good compensation. This Eller guy is supposed to be really good. Do people really think they were gonna get a top 6 forward in return for an unsigned goalie?? The Jeff Carter for Halak trade is laughable...

This move allows the Habs to resign Pleks and Price and move forward rather than breaking the bank on goalies...Halak was chosen 271st overall and was traded for a young 13th overall + 87th overall... that is good!

Anyhow, I'm just glad Habs management agrees with me, cause deal is done, and Price stays... AWESOME!

and yet people are referring to him as the team MVP...

If only you would pull your tongue out of Carey Price's ass for a moment, you might actually have noticed that Halak was the team's MVP last season.

Do you think they would have made the playoffs without him? Hell no.

You keep telling yourself this was a good trade but I'll tell you what. Gauthier may have not just traded away 1 goalie. He may have inadvertently traded away 2.

Do people really think they were gonna get a top 6 forward in return for an unsigned goalie??

Maybe that is why some people are pissed off because the Habs should have waited rather than rush this deal. July 1st is right around the corner. Hmmmmmmmmmm, eh?

Price now has leverage he didnt have before. The entire deal is retarded.

I dont know what they should have gotten but I bet it is more than that had they timed it better. I also am willing to bet there are a couple of GM's out there who looked at this deal and thought afterwards "I would have given Gauthier more than that!"

You can like the return on this deal all you want Deuce, I really dont fucking care.

Yeeeeeeah, ummm, soooo, Price is your only number 1 goalie, eh?

I hate saying this but the whole situation scares me. Price to me looks more and more like the guy who will take a contract and just be happy to collect his money. He is almost indifferent to how he plays on the ice. I see him asking for a trade out of Montreal if he struggles and the crowd/media get on him. I don't think he can handle it mentally... I hope I am wrong.

I'm torn about what they got back in return. I like the fact the two players are young and have potential. However having potentila also means you could have a 12 year career in the minors.

I agree with Booche that this trade could have waited. I think the return for the Habs would only have increased over time. Maybe not a top 6 forward but you never know. As teams form and goalies are signed someone out there might have reached out for Halak and over paid.

Buncha whiners!!!

Halak has 2 half seasons played for Montreal, and yet people are referring to him as the team MVP...

Andrew Raycroft also had 2 good half seasons, and look at what happened there.

The habs would have had to open up the wallet big time for Halak based on high stock value right now.

The PRICE is right in Montreal, and he is only 22. Basically the same age as PK Subban, and everyone has patience for him. Price has excelled at every level he has played, and will someday dominate in the NHL. His stock is lower than Halak's right now, and when a bluechip stock is low, you buy in!!

Getting a first and 3rd round draft pick in return is good compensation. This Eller guy is supposed to be really good. Do people really think they were gonna get a top 6 forward in return for an unsigned goalie?? The Jeff Carter for Halak trade is laughable...

This move allows the Habs to resign Pleks and Price and move forward rather than breaking the bank on goalies...Halak was chosen 271st overall and was traded for a young 13th overall + 87th overall... that is good!

Anyhow, I'm just glad Habs management agrees with me, cause deal is done, and Price stays... AWESOME!

Please use [color:purple]purple.

I dont know what they should have gotten but I bet it is more than that had they timed it better. I also am willing to bet there are a couple of GM's out there who looked at this deal and thought afterwards "I would have given Gauthier more than that!"

Oh, you wanna bet on a hypothetical situation which can never be validated, ever? I getcha...cause that aint worth shit now is it?

Unless you wanna validate what "more than that" should have been?? But I've already asked you that, and you sidestep'd it :P

You're the one calling the deal retarded there Ole yeller... I think the Habs got compensated well for the asset that was moved and now can spend money wisely elsewhere on positions which are needed...

Oh, you wanna bet on a hypothetical situation which can never be validated, ever?

A hypothetical bet if you could read between the lines because it cant be validated. Stay with the program please. I aint sidestepping shit, I simply cant answer but if you think that's the best deal Gauthier could have done then good on you but please dont fucking call Jaro a 271st pick being traded for a 13th and a 3rd.

That just shows how little you actually understand about the situation at hand when you try and qualify it like that.