Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went on NYE. Scored nice 100's for $30 each. The place was a fucking dead zone.... Going to see The Sens here is a waste of time- honestly its more fun on TV.

They announced that game at 16,800 but there is no way there were that many. All levels were half empty at best and top of the 300's might has well have been tarped off.

Alfie's out and nobody goes to the games anymore??? Isn't Fisher pretty enough???

Come on Ottawa ... seriously, don't let Gary move ya to Hamilton or Queebec.

Looks like they need to discount the tickets even more to fill any of the seats. Give 'em away to school kids or something. (I really wish more pro franchises would do that.)

I was talking with my Dad about this over the holidays, the Sens seemed to have priced themselves out of the market and they're screwing over/pissing off the folks who buy tickets early by offering last minute deals on tickets.

I looked into buying tickets knowing that I'd be in the area and I was shocked how much ticket prices have climbed since I was a season ticket holder 5 years ago. Seats that used to cost me in the $30 range were over $100 for the Habs game on the 28th. Correct me if I'm wrong, but no one has replaced Nortel as a major employer in Ottawa in that time.

My Dad hasn't bought a mini-plan in a couple years but still goes to 10 or so games a year. Twice in December he received last-minute email offers for cheaper tickets to games he had already purchased for. So obviously he won't be buying them in advance anymore.

And thats from Capital Tickets- you should see the deals on Craigslist if you can wait till a day or two before game time.

On NYE a friend hought standing room tix for $38 all fees in; and my $180 100 level cost me $30.

The last minute deals do burn those who bought earlier, and as for giving away tickets YES YOU STUPID SENATORS MANAGEMENT FUCKS this would be a great idea. As I sat there on NYE checking out empty seats it occured to me that the worlds largest junior hockey tournament was in town (6500 competing kids!). They should have given one set of 4 to each team participating as a community goodwill measure. The seats would have been filled, the teams would have been happy to have one small thing for free and those die hard parents would get a small reward for all of their drives to rinks at 6am (and I'm sure they'd spend more at the concessions that that empty seat).

As I sat there on NYE checking out empty seats it occured to me that the worlds largest junior hockey tournament was in town (6500 competing kids!). They should have given one set of 4 to each team participating as a community goodwill measure. The seats would have been filled, the teams would have been happy to have one small thing for free and those die hard parents would get a small reward for all of their drives to rinks at 6am (and I'm sure they'd spend more at the concessions that that empty seat).

!!!EXACTLY!!!

The NHL needs young blood in the seats. And you're right in that they eat and drink too. Hell, they might even make some noise and inspire the team on the ice.

Do you think they'll be requiring people do buy ticket packs for the 2010 season when buying playoff tickets this season (if they make it)????

THey might as well just show their greed and institute broadcast blackouts while they're at it :P

Pretty much every game is televised now on reg cable, save the odd one here and there....

I'm still all about location location location....

There is zero walk up crowd....I'd prolly go to way more games if it was downtown...each and everytime I go I hate the waiting and waiting and waiting to get out of the fucking parking lot....

Oh and Dinghy, it's now $15 to park in the west lot where you can actually get out in a reasonable amount of time.

This is kind of lame actually. Since they have no ability to get traffic onto the highway in a reasonable amount of time- you can pay extra to get out quicker??

But I guess you can also just pay the $35 valet fee and be out quicker too.....

Oh Ottawa: you supporter of the thick line between the haves and the have nots.